Search Unity

[Tutorial] Facebook SDK Integration in Unity

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Jojo-Batista, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Jojo-Batista

Jojo-Batista

Hello Folks! We are doing a series of posts to help the community on the difficult task of integrating Facebook using their Facebook SDK.

I'll try to keep you posted on this link so you can check them out when we create new posts, or you could follow us on our blog if you want to as well :)

Facebook Integration in Unity:
    1. Integrating Achievements http://www.bigfootgaming.net/blog/tutorials/integrate-facebook-achievements-in-unity/
    2. Creating Custom Open Graph Objects http://www.bigfootgaming.net/blog/tutorials/facebook-open-graph-objects-in-unity3d/
    3. Canvas Payments http://www.bigfootgaming.net/blog/tutorials/facebook-canvas-payments-in-unity3d/

Also, we are currently working on a plugin, but I won't give you much details since is in a really early stage :)

Hope this helps you!!

Leave us a comment below if you want us to talk about an specific topic

Update April 2015: We recovered our blog! The blog is up again, and of course the posts as well. Only payments missing, will be up really soon
    Update April 2015 2: Just added canvas payments again

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  2. Jojo-Batista

Jojo-Batista

3. Gametyme

Gametyme

Any update on leader boards?

4. Jojo-Batista

Jojo-Batista

Funny you asked that, because we are currently working on how to do one!
    Since we want to add it for our game, we are currently writing a guide while we do so.
    Expect it to come in about a week, maybe two if we can't find the time to do it.
    If you have some specific question feel free to email us at gaming.bigfoot@gmail.com or nicolasmbatista@gmail.com
    Thanks!

5. Gametyme

Gametyme

Thanks!

6. Wolfranium

Wolfranium

Hey Jojo . I tried to click on your links, but I'm getting errors. Not sure if its from my side.

If I may ask your help, I'm trying to integrate Facebook's SDK into our game and for some reason my programmer is having a hard time doing it (he's Czech so his English isn't great, and he's not a Facebook guy, so I think the documents are confusing him, and I honestly don't understand their documentation much myself since I'm not a programmer). What I'm trying is:

1. To have the players compete against their Facebook friends by showing their scores/ranks at the end of every game.
    2. Give them the ability to boast either through the newsfeed or a personal message (if there's a better way, kindly please let me know).
    3. Also, I would like to connect the like button in our game to our Facebook page if possible (basically if they like our game through the button we make, it would like our Facebook page). I'm not sure this one is possible though, but I'm curious.

Sorry for the many requests, but we've been stuck for a while now, and any help would be much appreciated. Thank you very much. :)

7. Jojo-Batista

Jojo-Batista

Hello Wolf, we are having troubles with our hosting, so we are rebuilding the web. I can give you the rough copy of our tutorials and see if it clears some doubts :) I'll get on it on monday!
    As for the questions:
    1. Facebook has leaderboards that work similar to the google play and game center leaderboards. Then you have to make an api call to facebook and retrieve the users id and the leaderboard scores. If you want to show his friends pictures you can get their images with the id as well.
    2. The leaderboard triggers a facebook post if a user beats another user's score automatically. If you want of course, you can as well let them share their score on facebook in their newsfeed.
    3. You can't create a like button, you can only redirect them to your page and then they have to click like through facebook (This is to avoid false buttons that could make the user like stuff without knowing about it)

As for the details, I don't have any code right now, we've been working on a leaderboard tutorial, that should be ready soon, but with this website issue we couldn't post it yet :(

Wolfranium likes this.
  8. Wolfranium

Wolfranium

Thanks a LOT jojo :D !! Your current answers alone are great to help me know how to sort out the GUI and inform my programmer what I expect from him. I very much look forward to your tutorials bro ;) *thumbs up* !!

& HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS !!!!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  9. Wolfranium

Wolfranium

Hey Jojo, hope your hosting troubles are sorted bro. Do you guys happen to have a youtube channel? :)

10. Onsterion

Onsterion

Very interesting, works with Unity 5 Beta?

11. piserajm

piserajm

Hello,
    Some time ago I read your documents but now the links are broken.
    They can be found elsewhere?

thank you very much

12. gamersden

gamersden

13. yashpal

yashpal

hello @Jojo Batista ,

I try the link but it dose not working.
    Can you just re-post it. I am just looking for this.
    I read a documentation of facebook but i can't get any idea how to custom-facebook-open-graph-objects-unity3d.

- Yashpal Javia

14. Jojo-Batista

Jojo-Batista

We are currently working on getting the site up and running again :) Will be up soon. You can subscribe to our newslettter here: www.bigfootgaming.net

Wolfranium and yashpal like this.
  15. Jojo-Batista

Jojo-Batista

For all who asked, we just recovered our blog again, and with a new website :D so you can check the tutorials back again. Thanks for all who reported the links broken, and sorry for the inconvenience.
    PS: Payments will be up soon, we are still working on the post recovery

16. Jojo-Batista

Jojo-Batista

Canvas payment is back again. Let us know what feature would you like us to explore next.

17. Abhijit-Mukherjee

Abhijit-Mukherjee

Good Job My friend ... Your post is like life saver ..Keep it up .

18. Abhijit-Mukherjee

Abhijit-Mukherjee

One thinG I need to know . How can we know how many user is playing the game in Facebook

19. deiva

deiva

When i implement the score API in iOS build the game crashed But in android it works. Any solution for it.
    For IOS we should any thing setting changes in editor or in build.

20. JoystickLab

JoystickLab

Hey, What is the call back Url in facebook payment? I don't understand this? any help?

21. Saddamjit_Singh

Saddamjit_Singh

Hi,

I am also trying to create an open graph object from unity. I am using the code below-

public void ObjectManagement()
    {
    var formDict = new Dictionary<string, string>()
    {
    {"title", "AskForCoins"},
    {"type", "product.item"},
    {"image", "http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/314leP6WviL._SL500_AA300_.jpg"},
    {"description", "Classic cold war technothriller"},
    {"app_id", FB.AppId.ToString()}
    };
    var formData = new Dictionary<string, string>() { { "object", Facebook.MiniJSON.Json.Serialize(formDict) } };
    Debug.LogError (formDict.Values);
    FB.API("/me?objects/product.item", HttpMethod.POST, CreateFBLifeCallback, formData);
    }
    public void CreateFBLifeCallback(IGraphResult result)
    {
    if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(result.Error))
    {
    Debug.LogError("Error during object create call! " + result.Error);
    }
    else if (FB.IsLoggedIn)
    {
    Debug.LogError("ok during object create call! " + result);

}
    }

22. zero_null

zero_null

Hello Big Foot !
    Can you please kindly tell what can be done as the open graph objects are deprecated and can't be used.