Search Unity

Tutorial - Cinemachine Basics - Transposer & Composer for Top-Down Object Targeting

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by ChrisKurhan, Aug 16, 2022.

1. ChrisKurhan

ChrisKurhan

Hey all! Happy #TutorialTuesday!

Still manually controlling your Camera position & rotation? Consider using Cinemachine to simplify your workflow, get smooth, high quality transitions, all with low effort! Learn about the Transposer and Composer for a top-down style game in this Unity Tutorial.

I started using Unity long before Cinemachine came out, so I was already used to controlling the Camera via code. Usually I did this in a simplistic fashion, directly tied to a player location with an offset, maybe rotating based on user input, and it worked fine. Recently I ditched my (literally called) SimpleThirdPersonFollow script with Cinemachine and I was really impressed with how much better the game felt! You know we all love that game-feel, so why not use a powerful, free tool that makes that easy?

In this week's tutorial you'll learn how you can use the Transposer and Composer (and what each configuration option does!) to frame & follow your Player using Cinemachine!

As always, the full project code is available on GitHub for you to play around with.