Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Turning on Collaborate immediately FREEZES/BREAKS Unity

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by guru20, Dec 11, 2016.

1. guru20

guru20

I downloaded the CollaborateBeta to give it a try...
    Loaded up my project (took forever to import all the assets, of course), and clicked the button to turn Collaborate on.

As soon as I did that, Unity froze and was unresponsive. I waited 5 minutes, Windows reported the application as "Not responding", so I force-quit it. [There were no prompts about naming the project, or my login ID, or anything... it didn't even get that far]

Tried to open the project back up... it freezes as soon as the project starts loading in Unity.

Great.

Any ideas?

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Yikes, that's really crappy. I'm sorry you're running into this issue. There is a known issue with long load times when Collab is first enabled for large projects but they become faster on subsequent launches of Unity.

Could you tell me roughly how large and how many files are in your project? You may need to leave Unity running for 5+ minutes if you're project is bigger than 12 GB for Collab to finish (Should not need to be longer than 10 minutes).