Search Unity

Bug Turning Issue with Pimax and some WMR Headsets!

Discussion in 'VR' started by DevDunk, Dec 1, 2021.

1. DevDunk

DevDunk

I came across an issue with Unity games and VR on pimax and some WMR devices. Got reports of this for the game I'm working on as well. I know Blades and Sorcerers, Hard Bullet and more games have the same issue, I DMed those devs already on Discord.

The workaround is putting the tracked pose driver of the head/hmd on Head instead of HMD Center Eye, but this isn't a proper fix of course.

Here is the post I found:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Pimax/comm...ssue/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

If you want to help this get fixed, you could make a bug report to unity and mention case 1377372, so they can link them together. My case was closed because I was unable to submit my project.

The setup I used was:
    Unity 2020.2.6f1 (will upgrade later)
    VR Interaction Framework (august 2020 version)
    It also should happen in other versions

2. MagiJedi

MagiJedi

Can we get a Unity dev to comment on this? Having end users have to individually reach out to developers to implement this fix is absolutely ridiculous. Either fix the actual problem or implement the workaround automatically when a Pimax headset is detected.

Of course, if OpenXR supported Index Finger Tracking, that would be great too since I believe OpenXR doesn't suffer from this bug with Pimax (last I checked).

EDIT: Please note multiple users have reported this bug also affects the Reverb G2 headset.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
  3. DevDunk

DevDunk

Bug reports are made, not sure what the status is tho or if the team could replicate.