Search Unity

TurnBased-Toolkit (TBTK)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Song_Tan, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Cool ... I'll download the latest version in a test project and see if it's still set up as virtual.

2. Smazzolus

Smazzolus

@songtan
    Hello! I had a skill that adds AP randomly to the unity and I set AP min = 0 and max = 5 AP. TBTK only adds the value set in AP min. I'd like to create an ability that allows the unit to move randomly as if it were a dice roll.
    And I have another question
    Is possible to manage multiple models as a single unit in order to activate? For example, I have a unit composed of several models where each model within it, can 'do things like shoot, use skills or move independently of the others?
    I hope I have explained well
    Thanks!

3. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

@Smazzolus, Sorry for the slow respond. Somehow I've missed the notification. I think I've found the bug. Please check your Unit.cs, look for function ApplyEffect(). There should be a line which goes like:

AP=Mathf.Clamp(AP+Mathf.Min(eff.APMin, eff.APMax), 0, GetFullAP());
    It should have been :

AP=Mathf.Clamp(AP+Random.Range(eff.APMin, eff.APMax), 0, GetFullAP());
    As for your other question, I suppose it's possible however it's not available by default. I imagine it would be quite complex to code something like that.

4. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Well this is a bit of an unorthodox post.

For those who are not aware of this, I've been working my own turn-based tactic game, MechCorp. The project is in alpha state and I'm planning to put it on steam greenlight soon. I'll be glad to gather any feedback/comment form you guys. Feel free to download the demo and give it a go. A sneak peak of what you can expect:

5. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

cool ... nice effects.

6. creativ4eg

creativ4eg

Hi there!

I just bought this asset and tried to run some scenes, but all I see is http://take.ms/7xti3 what is that? I thought included scenes will work perfectly :(

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  7. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Not sure if you have try the demo. If yes, the following explaination would make more sense to you. If not I suggest you to put all the scene in the package to BuildSetting, then run the TBTK_Menu_Demo scene.

Yes, the scene included should work perfectly. However there are 2 set of scenes placed in 2 different folder. One's StandAlone and one's MiniCampaign. Those in the StandAlone folder are self-contained level which can work on their own. Mean you load them up in unity, hit play and they will work.

On the other hand those in MiniCampaign are for the "mini-campaign" as seen in the demo. They don't have any player starting unit. Means you have to run the campaign menu to select which unit to take into the scene otherwise there wouldn't be any unit on player faction. In other words, they are intended to be loaded from TBTK_Menu_Campaign.

Make sense?

8. creativ4eg

creativ4eg

Oh, thanks! I understood now :)

9. Smazzolus

Smazzolus

@songtan
    Ok, now it work well! thanks!
    I think I found another bug in the "cooldown" of skills.
    When set to "1" TBTK waits 2 turn instead.

10. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Right, can you let me know what are the turn mode and move order you are using. Obviously that affect how the cooldown is interpreted.

11. Smazzolus

Smazzolus

I use Faction per Turn

12. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Very well, thanks for the info. I'll take a look.

13. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

@Smazzolus, I've done some testing and found no bug. Are you using the latest version. If you are, you need to tell me the exact setting you are using, perhaps a screen shot of the ability in the editor and the setting on GameControl.

14. huxley

huxley

MechCorp looks great, can't wait to play it! I have spent a few weeks experimenting with the kit, and it is really one of your best. If I could make one request in a future version update, if there would be any way to account for multiple levels height in the playfield. Even if there would only 2 different levels with ramps, like you added in the tdtk, that would open up many more gameplay opportunities for the game we're building.

15. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Thanks. Glad you like it. :)

I'll consider your suggestion. However please don't keep your hope too high. The framework is already quite complicated as it's with elements like fog-of-war, cover system.

16. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Hi all, just a quick note that I'll be away for the next few days. Apologies in advance for any inconvenience. I'll try to respond to any post/email/question as soon as I can.

17. navy3000

navy3000

i have a problem and no clue how to fix it!

i made a new level i build and test the game main menu works fine start level one compleats it then...i hit next level nothing i hit main menu nothing any clue?

18. drewradley

drewradley

Did you add the new level to the build settings?

19. navy3000

navy3000

yes

20. navy3000

navy3000

not sure if this helps..but i get this (it never ends it currently says 999+!)

UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)

UIGameOver:OnGUI() (at Assets/TBTK/TBTK/ (Base)/Scripts/C#/UI/UIGameOver.cs:112

21. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

@navy3000, apart from adding the scenes to build-setting , you have to specify the name of the scene you want to load in GameControl otherwise thd code wouldn't know which scene to load.

The messages in the log sounds like an unintentional bug but it shouldn't break anything. I'll look into it when I have the chance.

22. navy3000

navy3000

i have it named Mission two when Mission one ends i have it for next scean > mission one

23. navy3000

navy3000

also i have a nather problem im not sure how to fix when you click a unit it says the unit is clicked by audio file when i use its abuilty it says what it says when you click it and when it says when it fires at the same time..how do i chang this?

24. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

I'll be back on tomorrow with access to my workstation again. I'll take a look at it then. Please wait for the moment.

25. navy3000

navy3000

alright..my game is so close to being done tho :p just need to finish the missions add in the sounds and voices and its done.. it will be $5 i hope i sall at lest 20 copy's

26. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Right, I finally have the chance to look at the problem. It appear that you are using a much much older version of TBTK. Version1.x in fact (the latest is version2.0.1). When did you last update your package? Unfortunately I dont understand what your explanation about the problem with the audio. Can you elaborate more. But keep in mind that since I no longer have a working copy of version1 so it's going more tricky for me to find out what's wrong.

I do however manage to find out what could possibly be the problem of the game over menu, assume you are using the same (old) version I'm looking at. Basically you need to modify line100 to 108 of UIGameOver.cs to following:

Code (csharp):
    2.     if(GUI.Button(new Rect(startX, startY+=spaceY, width, height), "Next", UI.buttonStyleAlt)){
    3.        Time.timeScale=1;
    4.        GameControlTB.LoadNextScene();
    5.      }
    6.      if(GUI.Button(new Rect(startX, startY+=spaceY, width, height), "Restart", UI.buttonStyleAlt)){
    7.        Time.timeScale=1;
    8.        Application.LoadLevel(Application.loadedLevelName);
    9.      }
    10.      if(GUI.Button(new Rect(startX, startY+=spaceY, width, height), "Main Menu", UI.buttonStyleAlt)){
    11.        Time.timeScale=1;
    12.        GameControlTB.LoadMainMenu();
    13.      }

27. navy3000

navy3000

thanks im testing it now..and il upload a video with my audio probelm..and yes it is very old verson :p

28. navy3000

navy3000

still does not work same problem : / does it matter if there is a space or not?

29. navy3000

navy3000

sorry for the third post but i got it working! now let me record whats going on..

30. navy3000

navy3000

31. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

hm... I think I know what's the problem. However it's not going to be straight-forward to fix. Can I know what version of Unity are you using?

32. navy3000

navy3000

how do i check that?

33. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

TopPanel - Help - AboutUnity

34. navy3000

navy3000

35. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Ok. What you can do is send me all the TBTK scripts in your project. I'll try to fixed the problem and send it back to you. The problem is I'm using newer version of Unity and any exported package from new version of unity is not compatible with earlier version of unity. Therefore I can't export the modified script back to you in a unity package. You will have to manually overwrite the content of your script (by copy and paste).

36. navy3000

navy3000

alright..here they are

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  37. navy3000

navy3000

also..im still fairly new to scripting so can you make a little script that plays an audio at the start of the mission like an mission breafing?

38. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

I meant sent me the script files, not the webplayer build. There's nothing I can do with a build. Btw, you dont need to script to play an audio file upon the start of a new level. Just attached the audio file to an empty object in the scene, make sure you check the 'play on awake' option and that will do.

39. navy3000

navy3000

alright thanks!

Sorry about that..accadently wrote over the file with the scripts :p uploading now!

40. navy3000

navy3000

41. navy3000

navy3000

and a new problem when i move the cam the level music gets all messed up

EDIT: Music fixed

42. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Can you email me or give me your email so I can send the modified scripts to you.

43. navy3000

navy3000

sure its coolldan1@aol.com

44. navy3000

navy3000

thanks it works great! one last problem tho some audio is..quiater then other parts..how would i fix this?

45. Aimlessone

Aimlessone

So....this looks like exactly what I needed and the developer is active. I'll be checking out your demo when I get home from work. If the customization I require is available, consider it bought.

46. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Not sure if I can help here. I believe you will need to normalize the volume of all those audio files using some external audio processing software.

Well then, I thank you in advance for your purchase.

47. Aimlessone

Aimlessone

48. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

49. Aimlessone

Aimlessone

Got it, thanks!

50. navy3000

navy3000

all the audio is fine when listing to it but then you start the game and say move the unit you hear the unit line for moving very very low then you click it and it normal volume for that then at random times it is switches