Search Unity

Turn-Based Game with constant connection to the server

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Chuzehhh, Jun 8, 2022.

1. Chuzehhh

Chuzehhh

Hi guys, thanks in advance.

I have a project that I'm making, I'm very lost on the connection part of it. I'll explain:

My game will be an single player game, with a main screen, a character collection screen, a map, where the player can select the stage and battle against enemies, pretty simple. But the player is not the character, the player will have many characters to choose from, so the game is "Account Oriented" (after the login, the player will be permanently logged into his account).

I need the connection to be constant, with every action checked on server to avoid cheaters, I've read that WebSockets can do that, I've tried to configure Photon2, but I'm very confused, since it seems to need rooms filled with players, and that is not my case.

If it helps, the game will be like "Summoners War" or "Epic 7".

I appreciate any help.

2. tobiass

tobiass

I think you want to look into using a webserver for this type of game. With the Photon SDKs, we focus on realtime, synchronous multiplayer - when you play with / against others. This might be of interest, when you implement the battles but it's not the best fit for the rest of the game.

3. Chuzehhh

Chuzehhh

Thank you for the reply!

tobiass likes this.