Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Turkish "i" problem

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by DarkJanissary, Jul 8, 2021.

1. DarkJanissary

DarkJanissary

Just installed Unity and getting that error in console when opening a empty project:

Could not load StyleSheets/Extensions/fonts/ınter.uss
    UnityEditor.AssetPostprocessingInternal:postprocessAllAssets (string[],string[],string[],string[],string[])

It should be "inter.css", not "ınter.css". Just set language settings to Turkish locale to reproduce the bug.

Unity using novice programmers who don't even know they should use strings with "InvariantCulture"? Seriously? It is incredible to see Turkish i problem in 2021. I'm sure this will cause crapload of more bugs, not only the one above.

Please fix this asap. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Terobero

Terobero

I get the same warnings when I open any project. My Windows language is English but my keyboard is Turkish Q. upload_2021-7-10_19-29-59.png

3. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Unity and most development tools are comprised of dozens or even hundreds of different small sub-applications all written by different people and companies that all must come together to do all the steps necessary.

If even ONE of those steps fails, 100% of the process fails. That's how engineering works.

Most likely 99% of those have NEVER been tested on anything but ASCII character set.

I know I simply don't test anywhere except in ASCII because that is all I have!

I highly recommend when naming ANY folder or file:

- NEVER use anything except A-Z and 0-9
    - NEVER put spaces inside of filenames

If you fail to restrict your file and directory names, you can reasonably expect a lot of things will fail to work in mysterious and unpredictable ways. The computer world is far from perfect, you have been warned.

4. Neto_Kokku

Neto_Kokku

I'm not sure this case was an user error. In dotnet's Turkish locale implementation, case convertion operations will turn uppercase i into the "lowercase i without a dot". Had a game glitch on systems set to Turkish in the past because that screwed up every ASCII filename which contained a capital i. After that I learned to always use invariant locale when doing string operations.

5. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Me neither. I cannot read minds.

User error or not, I stand by my statements: if
    <for whatever reason(s)>
    non-ASCII characters are used in files / directories, I simply point out that problems might arise due to certain toolchains failing to handle them gracefully.

6. MegasXLR54

MegasXLR54

Bro how can i do that
    tyleSheets/Extensions/fonts/ınter.uss where is that file
    because you said "Just set language settings to Turkish" but it wrong
    in unity app there is no turkish language

7. disappearer

disappearer

I have the same error, there are no Turkish characters in any line of my project, does anyone know the solution?

8. disappearer

disappearer

Dostum Unity'nin dili değiştirilmiyor, "set language settings to Turkish" derken windows'un dilinden mi bahsediyorsun ?