Search Unity

Turboscalpeur's Grass Forum

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by turboscalpeur, Apr 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suiheisen

Suiheisen

But only the resolution difference has probably nothing to do with the most of the assets you use, so there musst be a special asset what let the texture look in more detail??

2. turboscalpeur

turboscalpeur

Not at all, obviously 2160p 16:9 renders better than 1080p 16:9, just a question of settings with the post effects, mostly the Post Processing Stack of Unity..
    In this previous link, I was using too the Grass Patch Generator of Vegetation Studio to give a kind of "2.5D" in the Scene too..

3. Suiheisen

Suiheisen

4. turboscalpeur

turboscalpeur

Hi, sadly at the moment I'm busy to produce 3D assets as this one:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/vegetation/ferns-world-vol-1-143842

But, I could take some times a little bit later to make a tutorial.
    What I can tell you now, it is to choose a kind of "harmonious mix" of my Grass Textures, you have a tons of different possibilities for that and using Instancing, better indirect as in Vegetation Studio;
    Using too the Grass Patch Generator from Vegetation Studio helps a lot to customise the Grass Textures.
    A good weather asset + reflections probes + lighting built are recommended.
    In last, using post effects in your own way are giving the must end visual, as HBAO, Post Processing Stack, Beautify and Colorful FX (Vintage FX is really cool) for example..

5. Suiheisen

Suiheisen

because of the fact i dont have the money to buy a expansive tool to place the grass it would be enough to know how exactly you did the visuals, because in my opinion it looks very realistic and this is what i want. placing the grass realistically i can do it by my self

6. turboscalpeur

turboscalpeur

Please pm me at turboscalpeur@gmail.com, I will try to give you some tips :)

7. camta005

camta005

Post processing makes all the difference. Using the Post Processing Stack 2 try setting the Ambient Occlusion mode to Scalable Ambient Obscurance, this gives the grass shadowing and depth. Then anti-aliasing is important, you can set that up with post processing stack 2 or use the built in Unity Multi Sampling AA in Project Settings > Quality. Note if you are using Deferred rendering then built in Multi Sampling AA will not work, so you will have to use an Anti Aliasing option in Post Processing Stack 2 or similar.

dsilverthorn and turboscalpeur like this.
  8. Zoraph

Zoraph

Does it support HD SRP?

9. turboscalpeur

turboscalpeur

Yes, as they are simply Grasses Diffuses Textures and for the Grounds you just need to auto-generate the new maps in each SRP shader choosen.

10. drcfrx

drcfrx

@turboscalpeur
    That was a long time ago, and I'm wondering if I just missed it (I bought all your packs) or if you forgot to add it yet ?
    If that's the case I would really love to have some nice Cow Parsley, as I can't find any :/
    (Any Gorse too by chance? )
    Thanks!

11. turboscalpeur

turboscalpeur

Hi @drcfrx ! They are already contained as Grasses Textures in the RUSTIC Grass Asset at the "Valeriana" name in 3 variants :)

Have fun !

Willbkool_FPCS and drcfrx like this.
  12. drcfrx

drcfrx

Ah thanks, I effectively missed them :p
    What about Gorse or something similar?

13. turboscalpeur

turboscalpeur

It depends of what you are calling "Gorse" but there are Cattails and Juncus in the HQ2:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...-photographic-textures-grass-pack-vol-2-37585

and Dry Cattails in the RUSTIC Grass:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/2d/textures-materials/rustic-grass-76317

You can find too 3D Juncus models here:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/vegetation/ferns-world-extras-pack-vol-1-151374

I hope that helps.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    drcfrx and camta005 like this.
  14. drcfrx

drcfrx

Thank you for the links :)
    But I'm after the Common Gorse, aka Ulex europaeus. I was hoping you would have that in your impressive catalog, maybe unreleased yet :)
    It's been a while since I'm looking for a decent model or texture and can't find any. That must be hard to do :/

turboscalpeur likes this.
  15. turboscalpeur

turboscalpeur

Hi, sadly I don't have it in one of my Assets, but this is a common specie which is growing in my region, I could next year when in flowers creating it...well we will see in the future what's going on!

drcfrx likes this.
  16. drcfrx

drcfrx

I would love that! Thanks if you manage to do it :)

17. turboscalpeur

turboscalpeur

18. drcfrx

drcfrx

@turboscalpeur Man you gotta have to make some more because I own all of them and I can't send money to you anymore ;)

Mark_01, hopeful and turboscalpeur like this.
  19. turboscalpeur

turboscalpeur

Hi All,

the reduced price to my Assets will be finished with the next submissions delays updates in 2 days.

TanselAltinel and camta005 like this.
  20. turboscalpeur

turboscalpeur

Hi,
    My Assets have been updated coming back to normal prices again except for FERNS World which stay now at 10$ and RUSTIC Grass at 15$.

21. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Thanks for updating these!
    You do good work :)

22. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Any new products coming?:)
    I have everything of yours and would love to see something new!
    Like US South West high desert plants/ grasses.:) There are a lot more than most people think.
    I'm using your Rustic Grass to simulate it and it is pretty close, but not quite.;)

23. turboscalpeur

turboscalpeur

Hi @dsilverthorn, yes there are already 2 new 3D packages from me available on the Store, I link them here:

FERNS World Vol.1: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/vegetation/ferns-world-vol-1-143842
    FERNS World Extras Pack Vol.1: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/vegetation/ferns-world-extras-pack-vol-1-151374

The Unity Forum: https://forum.unity.com/threads/ents-prod-packages-forum-thread.662557/

About desert plants/grasses, they are too planned but not the priority, I have already a good photo data of cactus, aloes, agave etc...to make them too in 3D, but another packages are now under production first.
    I keep in mind your request and you are not the first one to asking me about desertic vegetation, so I would find the right time maybe in 2020 to create them as an asset :)

Best,
    turboscalpeur

TanselAltinel and dsilverthorn like this.
  24. camta005

camta005

I had no idea you released these assets. Why the change of asset store name?

25. turboscalpeur

turboscalpeur

Hi @camta005 , it is because ENTs Prod is the association between me as Designer/Producer 2D/3D and Michaël Jimenez (https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/19139) as Programmer for the Wind/PBR/Wetness Shaders & compatibilities as SRP, VS/VS Pro, AFS and more...

You can find on the ENTs Prod Forum more screenshots/videos showcases of the finished products & you can join too our Discord Channel for more informations :)

Best,
    Turbo

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    dsilverthorn and camta005 like this.
  26. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I had seen those, but didn't know you were involved.
    Now I'll have to take a second look.;)

27. turboscalpeur

turboscalpeur

28. Teila

Teila

Wow!! I was planning to buy that today!! How did you know?? :)

Great timing, Turbo!

hopeful and turboscalpeur like this.
  29. turboscalpeur

turboscalpeur

I hope you will like @Teila :)

Teila likes this.
  30. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

I got the extra pack!

31. Teila

Teila

Of course, I will like it! I love everything you make. :) I think I have it all once I buy this one. lol

32. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

I like the VS Pro biomes :)

33. turboscalpeur

turboscalpeur

34. turboscalpeur

turboscalpeur

Oh! and a cool latest video using our 3 current Assets (Creepers Plants Pack under submission btw..):

35. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Creepers look great! Can't wait to see that in action. :)

36. turboscalpeur

turboscalpeur

37. TanselAltinel

TanselAltinel

Finally bought them all!

Edit: I noticed that you liked my reply to your sale, but I should be the one to thank you for such a nice work!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  38. turboscalpeur

turboscalpeur

You are welcome :)

TanselAltinel likes this.
  39. Meishin

Meishin

Hi @turboscalpeur !

I'm a big fan of Rustic and Ferns world, and i can't wait for that creeper plants too!

That being said, I'm building a fantasy game with an Asian inspired environment (https://www.meishintale.com/) and i couldn't find anywhere nice rice textures for rice paddies (either young or mature). Would you happen to have such textures ?

Thanks in advance!
    Br
    Gaël

40. turboscalpeur

turboscalpeur

Hi thanks !

I don't have sadly rice grass specific species currently in photos.

Meishin likes this.
  41. bthanse

bthanse

HQ Photographic Textures Grass Pack Vol.1
    Have made a terrain with the ground texture and some grass. How can I get it look like in the video and in the pictures ?
    The grass does not look good now. Billbord or not billboard ? With billboard it looks strange too.

Attached Files:

42. Mauri

Mauri

First, reduce the
    Scale
    . You have it set at
    1.25x
    , thus everything in your Game window (notice the background, the jagged edges on the terrain) looks pixelated.

You're also missing things like Post Processing effects (e.g. Ambient Occlusion).

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  43. turboscalpeur

turboscalpeur

Hi @bthanse, @Mauri give you already some tips starting using the engine. About the HQ1, most of the grasses have their true names species so you can also check on the web about the sizes of them in true life.

About the screens and videos everything is linked on descriptions to you being more easy making the same.

Good luck and will be happy to see your progresses time to time !

Mauri likes this.
  44. bthanse

bthanse

Addet a lot of grass, and it look better, but the framerate go down. A lot of Tris And Verts.
    upload_2020-12-21_11-27-26.png

45. turboscalpeur

turboscalpeur

Have a look, if you want to recreate a beautiful landscape with grasses, I strongly recommend to scatter some grass a few some more some less, this is mostly a question of realism or artistic or both.

I can see, you have spawned a lot of Eriophorums, these ones are growing near or in moutains lakes mostly. Moreover as these are simple grasses blades you will not get the same effect than the ones I going to publish back in full 3D. And they must be scattered carefully a few and a few then less density for the others grasses.

Have a look these are the ones in 3d and with AA (anti aliasing):

I wouldn't spoil now but I can say that my 4 current turboscalpeur packages are going to be updated and upgraded with new features and supports for Unity, then anothers packages are also near to be ready.

I hope that helps.

Best,
    turboscalpeur

46. Rowlan

Rowlan

That's exciting news! :)

47. bthanse

bthanse

Added nature renderer that make a X of the grass.

upload_2020-12-21_21-38-52.png

turboscalpeur and camta005 like this.
  48. turboscalpeur

turboscalpeur

Really cool ! I may trying it myself too !

Ok, I feel it is time to share some spoils from wip packages coming. I going as soon as possible to create a new forum and a discord server to make sense of this and sharing.

This is made in standard shaders with Unity 2018.4.0f1 at the moment, a new Tropical Ferns Package with Real Ivy 2, some SpeedTrees and Unity Post Processing:

49. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

New Video coming tomorrow. "Apollo's Dream II" Using tons of assets, as usual. The music is always an original composition.

Hope everyone enjoys it, the scene and music has been in the works for a long time. We are glad we are finally coming to a final product.

Keep an eye on our YouTube for the new video.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/silverthorndavid/videos
    View attachment 829055

50. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Apollo's Dream II is now live!
    A ton of work went into this one, I hope everyone will enjoy it.
    Creating beauty with Unity for a Virtual Experience with an original soundtrack is a lot of fun and I hope it shows in the video.

@turboscalpeur grasses helped in creating this old west experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.