Search Unity

Games Turboprop Flight Simulator - Airbus A400M

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by AxPetre, Apr 1, 2017.

?

Are the flight controls good enough?

1. Yes

70.8%
  2. Yeah, but it takes time to adjust

16.7%
  3. Difficult to fly through checkpoints

29.2%
  4. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. It's unflyable

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AxPetre

AxPetre

Hi everyone,

My name is Alex and I'm new around here.
    This is the game that I made: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.AXgamesoft.TurbopropFS
    The game is currently in Open Beta. It's a flight simulator for Android, featuring a cargo airplane derived from the Airbus A400M (in the game it's called C-400 and HC-400 to avoid any trademark problems with the Airbus company).

Screee01.jpg

Screee02.jpg

Screen06.jpg

Screee03.jpg

Screen07.jpg

I'm interested in feedback about the following:
    * Are the flight controls simple and responsive enough?
    * Are the training levels (the first 3 levels) easy to follow and informative enough?
    * Is the framerate good enough to be playable? Please mention your device if you have problems playing it.
    * How Is the gameplay and your general impression of it?
    * What would you change if this was your game?

Thank you and hope to hear from you guys!

Sincerely,
    Alex

koirat, Samsung23, cs747 and 2 others like this.
  2. AxPetre

AxPetre

Version 0.88 is now available on Google Play Store.

3. AxPetre

AxPetre

The game was updated to version 0.89.
    Also here is a YouTube video of it:

4. BamBamAlicious

BamBamAlicious

For me watching the video, I would change that external sound. I work around A400's and it's a really distinctive droning noise, similar to the C130. Looks good though!

*Edit** This might help if you edit the noise?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    AxPetre likes this.
  5. HolBol

HolBol

I second the sound change- I hear these things nearly every day and they've got a very unique sound to them.

AxPetre and BamBamAlicious like this.
  6. AxPetre

AxPetre

Thank you both for the constructive criticism.
    Since you actually have experience hearing these A400M, I'm gonna defer to your knowledge and alter the sound.

Currently, the engines sound in my game is made of two independent noises:
    1. The gas turbines noise, which is that high-pitch woosh sound (which is dampended with a low-pass filter when inside the cockpit).
    2. The propellers noise, which is that low-pitch droning sound (obtained from a person who shot a video of an real A400M).

Perhaps I can get closer to reality if I reduce the gas turbine noise volume, and increase the one for the propellers, while also reducing its pitch.

What I found recently is this recording of the A400M in flight (but I have no idea how to replicate that particular noise, especially that haunting sounding component of it):

7. HolBol

HolBol

I'll see
    I think a lot of it is what you have currently has this nasty high-pitched element that sounds kinda grating (probably the turbine noise you mention). Let's hear what it sounds like without it. Next time one flies over I'll see if I can get a recording of some sort.

AxPetre likes this.
  8. AxPetre

AxPetre

Yes that's what I think so too. I'll make some modifications today and post a video recording of the new sounds.

And thank you for your offer to record the sound from a flyover, but unfortunately that wouldn't help me very much, because I don't know how to extract a clean sound effect from a flyover (flyovers exhibit variations in volume, and doppler effects).

9. BamBamAlicious

BamBamAlicious

funnily enough in flight (c130 experience, but A400 is similar) you dont hear the turbines as much as you do prop drone. try switching the levels of the sounds you have, see what that sounds like.

10. AxPetre

AxPetre

Hi again. I made modifications to the engines' sound:

Let me know what you think. Thanks.

BamBamAlicious likes this.
  11. BamBamAlicious

BamBamAlicious

Sounds much better! A lot closer to the actual aircraft now!

AxPetre likes this.
  12. AxPetre

AxPetre

Thank you. I'll further reduce the pitch for the turbines noise, so as to make it less grating.

BamBamAlicious likes this.
  13. HolBol

HolBol

It's certainly an improvement. Remember, when people play this game, they will have to hear this noise all the time, so you need to make sure the sound isn't too intrusive otherwise they might stop playing because of it. Much better than what you had before.

14. AxPetre

AxPetre

Yeah, I thought about that and indeed the old sound was kinda fatigue-inducing.

Anyway, thank you again guys for the constructive criticism, it was useful indeed.

The game is now updated the version 0.9, which is availabled on Google Play Store.
    Also, I updated the video, to account for the engines' sound change:

15. Colorale

Colorale

Hi Alex,

I've recently discover your game on androïd and install it on my phone... Very impressive and realistic!! I enjoy it...
    Especially in view of the fact I'm instructor in aeronautic in French air force and fleet air arm of the French navy. and teach to technics for basic training and specific stages (on A400M for example!).. Then, I try to install your app on PC through an androïd emulator for Windows as NOX app. Install is right and it seems to operate as well on phone. But my main problem is about the controls... How to configurate roll and tilt on keyboard or through a joystick controller or other?? App always asks to calibrate the phone move controls...
    I'm very interrested to use this app for teaching... a solution??
    Thanks
    Greets,
    Jérôme

16. AxPetre

AxPetre

Hi Jérôme,

Thank you for your appreciation.
    I haven't managed to run any game through emulators, so I don't know exactly how they can be controlled when they're emulated. How are other games and apps controlled when run inside emulators?
    My game has built-in support for keyboard, which is how I test it when is inside Unity, but every time it detects a mobile system (or an emulator of a mobile system) it switches into expecting inputs from touch and tilt.
    I could make you an apk with the mobile control system disabled, but I don't know how well it will work inside an emulator.

17. NicBischoff

NicBischoff

Any chance for a web build? This looks great.

18. AxPetre

AxPetre

I'm sorry, but no. There are several reasons for that:
    - Switching the project's platform back and forth requires re-importation of assets, especially textures (ETC 2 textures set to best quality take between 20 to 30 minutes each to re-import, and I use plenty of those);
    - Certain game features would have to be re-coded;
    - The Unity Web plugin is becoming unsupported on newer browser versions.
    Those reasons, plus the fact that I can't monetize the web version, mean that is not worth my time to convert it, especially since I'm very busy with adding more features to the Android version.

19. Colorale

Colorale

Hi Alex,
    Thanks for your answer about a possibility of a use through an androïd emulator on PC. I try to run your app on NOX emulator but the mobile control system forbids the possibility to control with keyboard, virtual keyboard or others USB controllers... I'very disapointed coz the apk on a wide screen is very impressive and great!
    I'm very interrested by an apk without mobile controls... Wait for an issue, thanks,
    Greets, Jérôme

20. Colorale

Colorale

Hi Alex,

How about my ask? Is it possible? How should we proceed?
    Thanks, greets, Jérôme

21. redxlixer

redxlixer

Can you plz add clouds and airport vehicles

22. Colorale

Colorale

Hi Alex,
    Sorry to be insistent but what about possibilty to disable mobile control for this apk to try to play it through an emulator on PC??
    Jérôme

23. unity_ObVgIXfbbNknBw

unity_ObVgIXfbbNknBw

Hi Alex,
    Honestly, this is the best game I have found on google play. I play it all the time, and I'm happy to watch ads to support you and also boost me in the game ;)
    Anyway, just curious, what are you future plans for the game? I see that some more ground vehicles are planned, and some more missions! I would love to know what to expect!
    Also, perhaps a good addition would be a small, single engine turboprop plane would be cool (think E1000)
    Thank you so much for making such a great game!
    (Also, autopilot could be neat)
    Regards,
    Lane

24. unity_9gCWD_u4F1g_tQ

unity_9gCWD_u4F1g_tQ

I sincerely have to say, this is the best flight simulator game I ever played. You must be rich now, for sure. Hahaha.
    I love planes and I'm enjoying a lot.

25. ho1ysmoke9696

ho1ysmoke9696

Is it possible if you can add the Hercules C-130. I love this game and I would love it more if you can have it added.

26. jaboii

jaboii

Hey man. I have had your game for awhile now, and I really like it. I was wondering how your next update is coming along, as well as your other games. I posted in Google app store, but didn't get a reply. If you are still a regular on this site, please reply.

27. jaboii

jaboii

Make purchasing it cost maybe 3 bucks and you will be good. Unity may be dying on the browsers, but steam is a great place to put it. (As a download)just saying.

28. AxlG

AxlG

I looked into this game on my Droid tablet the recent days, and I am quite impressed! You did a very good work already.
    The models are looking great, the scenery is good, the controls to the left and right side of the screen (rudder control and the other control buttons, also for Airdrop etc) are great - not to much, not to less; very well thought of, of how to set this up!
    Looking forward to see it progressing over time.
    Is there a chance this will ever be released on native Linux also?

29. TheLeonhart

TheLeonhart

This is an Amazing Simulator! The only thing I noticed is that the engine sound needs to be tweaked. Here is a video that should help!

30. hughbertatkinson

hughbertatkinson

This game is great but...
    The one thing that could make it better would be customizable plane faults in free flight mode. Like for example faulty landing gear or broken engines, I know you have implemented this into missions but to be able to practise in free flight with such things would be great.
    Otherwise great game love it.

calculus2000 likes this.
  31. hughbertatkinson

hughbertatkinson

Also maybe add in-app purchases because Id be happy to support this obviously there is only so many things you can buy in this game so maybe work out maximum points taken to unlock everything and unlock levels and skip them then work out what point packages could be for sale.

32. JuanRivillas_co

JuanRivillas_co

Alex, i am a colombian user of you game and i can say it`s awesome, but, we want to know, ¿when are you going to release version 1.20 with the new VTOL aircraft?
    please reply us , thanks

33. RVDS

RVDS

Beste Axel, ik vraag me af of de verloren luchtlaag die je hebt herplaatst echt bestaat. Tot nu toe was alles heel realistisch en gebaseerd op echte feiten.

34. Marvin2004

Marvin2004

Hallo ich bin Marvin Vonrhein ein deutscher Benutzer und ich würde mich freuen, wenn mann eine dc-3 einfügen würde

35. calculus2000

calculus2000

Can you make the plane crash more realistic like adding fire to it. It's a really great game. I love it.

36. unity_lnyh1k4AK-_bVQ

unity_lnyh1k4AK-_bVQ

Bonjour je voudrais savoir quand vous aller mettre un émise à jour Je voudrais que cela soit possible de rajouter un avion bombardier d'eau comme le CANADAIR je pense que cet avion est joué et que si possible plus de réalisme lors du crash. Et a ajouter un vol dans un avion de vol
    Ajoutez des numéros de secours à votre poste de travail et voyez ce qui est passé à côté de l'escalier dans les 400m et les fonctionnalités bloquées depuis la même année, sinon très bon

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  37. satodd

satodd

Hey Alex I'm not sure I you will see this but it's deffinataly worth a try. I believe in giving credit where credit is due and I wanted you to know that I truelly enjoy your game thanks for making a truelly playable and enjoyable fs

38. bhatiama

bhatiama

Hi Alex,
    I like to install your game on Anbox on my Ubuntu machine, since my son loves this game and I don't want him to spend too much time on a phone. Would you be able to share the apk for this game, where it would work on anbox (android in a box, am sure you know this). Thanks for any response.
    Best regards,
    Manoj Bhatia

39. PortalmakerNo1

PortalmakerNo1

Would it be possible for me to get a pc version of this? Even if it's just the normal apk but set up to work on a pc.

40. Blitz204

Blitz204

It would be cool to have soldiers and be able to drop them off and have the attack different islands!

41. atyusharyan

atyusharyan

CAN YOU PLZZZZZ ADD LOCAL MULTIPLAYER SO TWO TO THREE PEOPLE CAN PLAY AT A TIME.....I AM SPECILIEST IN COADING OF GAME AND I PERSONALLY SPONCER THIS GAME IF YOU ADD LOCAL MULTIPLYER

42. Samsung23

Samsung23

Dang this game is awesome. My brother and I race between airports and "Throw darts"(Drop supplies over airport, most on tarmac wins). I do have some feedback... In the first three levels, perhaps make it optional to change what type of movement you use(tilt/stick)? Also, I know that servers won't be supported, but perhaps local-wifi? No servers... Lastly, have a manual-overide button in the settings? Like, ramp down in air, driving a car out the back or a plane, landing gear at top speed. Regardless, this game is the best free-flight sim on mobile. It's very nice of you to make all ads completely optional, and the entire thing free. These are all my complaints, but, the game is perfect either way. Keep going man, you're making a difference for us in the pandemic. :)