Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to use the Local Server Cache for the 1st time to save on platform switching time.

Discussion in '5.5 Beta' started by goat, Aug 31, 2016.

1. goat

goat

OK, so far I have managed to build to

Android 4.4. IL2CPP
    Windows Store Universal 10 Local Machine and Windows Phone

failed:

WebGL

However, on both Windows Store & WebGL I am getting an error about the Cache Server:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Couldn't connect to Cache Server.
    2. Unable to connect to host localhost:55374.
    3. UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()
    5. AssemblyResolutionException: Failed to resolve assembly: 'UnityEngine, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
    6. Mono.Cecil.BaseAssemblyResolver.Resolve (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyNameReference name, Mono.Cecil.ReaderParameters parameters)
    7. Mono.Cecil.BaseAssemblyResolver.Resolve (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyNameReference name)
    8. Mono.Cecil.DefaultAssemblyResolver.Resolve (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyNameReference name)
    9. Mono.Cecil.MetadataResolver.Resolve (Mono.Cecil.TypeReference type)
    10. Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Resolve (Mono.Cecil.TypeReference type)
    11. Mono.Cecil.TypeReference.Resolve ()
    12. UnityEditor.AssemblyReferenceChecker.InheritsFromMonoBehaviour (Mono.Cecil.TypeDefinition type) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Utils/AssemblyReferenceChecker.cs:174)
    13. UnityEditor.AssemblyReferenceChecker.MethodIsMouseEvent (Mono.Cecil.MethodDefinition method) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Utils/AssemblyReferenceChecker.cs:160)
    14. UnityEditor.AssemblyReferenceChecker.CollectReferencedAndDefinedMethods (Mono.Cecil.TypeDefinition type) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Utils/AssemblyReferenceChecker.cs:139)
    15. UnityEditor.AssemblyReferenceChecker.CollectReferencedAndDefinedMethods (IEnumerable`1 assemblyDefinitions) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Utils/AssemblyReferenceChecker.cs:117)
    16. UnityEditor.AssemblyReferenceChecker.CollectReferences (System.String path, Boolean collectMethods, Single progressValue, Boolean ignoreSystemDlls) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Utils/AssemblyReferenceChecker.cs:110)
    17. UnityEditor.AssemblyReferenceChecker.GetScriptsHaveMouseEvents (System.String path) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Utils/AssemblyReferenceChecker.cs:250)
    18. UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()
    The local port is different but it's the same error.

What have I done wrong?

2. goat

goat

Am I understanding this wrong. I checked the 'enable local cache server' in the preferences and started Unity but now on switching back to WebGL from Windows Store the 'reimportation' is being repeated in full. Defaults for that config at 10GB and so on...

Must I reboot? Is it creating some sort of local httpd server as a Windows Service?

It did seem to switch platforms faster but the preference for Cache Server claim used cache is still 0 bytes.

3. goat

goat

Ok, the error message I got for switched to WebGL is;

Code (CSharp):
    1. Couldn't connect to Cache Server.
    2. Unable to connect to host localhost:58695.
    3. UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

4. goat

goat

I also get the can't reach when Unity starts the tab for the web browser to run the compiled WebGL project.

It tries to connect to localhost:<some big 5 digit port number, eg 60911> but fails. In the past it could run WebGL this way, What changed?

That's probably the cause of the couldn't connect to the Cache Server error too...

I have apache running but it is listening to localhost:80

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  5. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

Can reproduce this here too, will look into it. Thanks!

6. goat

goat

OK, thanks. I will save WebGL for next beta release then.

7. goat

goat

Um...perhaps I need to open my firewall for 127.0.0.1? What is the port range though? 50K - 70K?

Code (CSharp):
    1. Socket: connect failed, error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
    2. (0)
    3. UnityEditor.Modules.ModuleManager:RegisterAdditionalUnityExtensions()
    5. connect failed
    6. UnityEditor.Modules.ModuleManager:RegisterAdditionalUnityExtensions()
    8. Couldn't connect to Cache Server.
    9. Unable to connect to host localhost:59632.
    10. UnityEditor.Modules.ModuleManager:RegisterAdditionalUnityExtensions()

8. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

Afaik the windows firewall will ask you when something wants to make a connection and when you say yes it should work.
    We're looking into the issue.

9. goat

goat

That's what I thought. The 'connection actively refused' is more like the behaviour of a server rather than a firewall.

10. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

We've got fixes for all the issues in the pipeline but will be in beta3 earliest.

11. atmuc

atmuc

is it solved? i use b10 i have the same issue. also services tab says "you do not have permissions for this action" when i try to select organization from combobox.

12. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

13. atmuc

atmuc

For now i will use it as remote. it is not easy to set port number every time. For other issue; It looks asset store tab uses proxy settings but cloud tab not.