Search Unity

Trying to update the FPS Sample to 2019.2f1 and having a lot of problems...

Discussion in 'FPS.Sample Game' started by Arowx, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Arowx

Arowx

which I expected then a showstopper after the game loaded but did not build in Unity yesterday.

Today I open the game and Unity locks up 0% cpu usage when loading small assets?

No crash or dumps and although I'd love to send a debug report with the FPS sample but think it might take a very very long time to upload.

Yesterday I managed to update all the packages and get the compiler errors down from >999 to a handful.

I was having to manually delete package folders before the package manager would let me update them?

Not sure how to progress from this, are there log files that record where a games loading into editor process gets up to before it crashes.

I really think Unity should update the FPS-Sample to 2019.2, as they could probably fix a lot of bugs and improve the upgrade process especially for the package manager and hopefully fix this tiny asset loading/crash bug.

Has anyone else tried or managed to update the FPS Sample or have any ideas on how to track down and resolve this loading bug/crash?

2. AggressiveMastery

AggressiveMastery

ya they have not released a version that works with 2019 sadly, one is due any day now. Per the GDC2019 earlier this year, they have it working with unity physics in 2019 but have not released it to us.

So you need to run 2018, but at least the final release.

The details are on the git page on how to install it, and you can find legacy versions of the editor from unity.

the issue I found, trying to load it into 2019, is that some of the packages are not offered in the same version for 2019. so you would need to track down the old calls and make them work on the new package versions.

Some have made some effort on this, but you are correct, unity needs to release a new version of the fps sample.

Journeythedev likes this.