Search Unity

Trying to make a cut wuth a cinemamachine in timeline, but the image sometimes lags

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by IvanAbramovv, Sep 17, 2021.

1. IvanAbramovv

IvanAbramovv

Hey!

I am making a cutscene in timeline, and I need camera to move to another place at the scene, without any transitions. Just a clear cut.

Right now I have two CM cameras with two separate clips, without sny transitions between them.

The problem is that sometimes it looks ok and sometimes it looks like there is movement between cameras, like it flies from one camera to another really fast. It is really hard to reproduce — just a spontaneous lag that appeares sometimes (I checked it on two different computers).

Is it a known issue (I tried to google it, but found nothing)? And is there a way to ensure this doesn't happen?

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

I'm guessing that this is because of post processing: some kind of temporal effect (like motion blur or TAA). Does it happen if you turn off PostProcessing effects? What versions of PostProcessing (or HDRP/URP) and CM are you using? Also which Unity version?

3. IvanAbramovv

IvanAbramovv

Thanks for your reply!

There is no postprocessing yet, I am working on a very early draft of the cutscene.

I am using CM version 2.6.3 and Unity vesion 2019.4.28f