Search Unity

Trying to light my low-poly scene using only emissives

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by harleydk, Jun 3, 2021.

1. harleydk

harleydk

Here's betting someone jumps in with a 'you forgot...' lifeline.

I'm trying to light my low-poly scene here. Some of the prefabs are not well lit, no matter what I do.

upload_2021-6-3_17-33-28.png

They're all static, and I've set the "generate UV" box in their models. The light comes from those emissives above. I've stuffed enough light probes in there, I hope.

These are my lighting settings. I only go with realtime lighting (did try to switch on mixed, didn't make any difference).

upload_2021-6-3_17-36-16.png

upload_2021-6-3_17-37-17.png

So I'm kinda stumped and could use a hint. Thanks in advance.

2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

When using Enlighten realtime GI, the workflow is fundamentally different when compared to using baked GI.

From the looks of it, it could be either an issue with realtime lightmap charts, and/or clustering in the scene. You can verify this by using scene debug view modes.

Also keep in mind that in order to adjust realtime lightmap UVs, you'd have to do so in the Mesh Renderer component as opposed to Mesh Importer.

I would strongly recommend reading through the Enlighten Realtime GI optimization tutorial. It explains the fundamentals in great detail. Keep in mind that some tutorial steps are a little bit outdated, but you should still be able to follow along. An updated tutorial is coming soon.

3. harleydk

harleydk

Hello @kristijonas_unity ,

thanks for your response. I'll be sure to go through the tutorial, you link to, and hope to recover from there.

Appreciate your time,
    cheers,
    /m