Search Unity

Trying to implement spacial hashing job like you guys did in the video.

Discussion in 'Data Oriented Technology Stack' started by Wigen, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Wigen

Wigen

I am trying to build out the spacial hashing structure in a job. Did you guys use "NativeHashMap" or were you guys doing something else?
    Lists and arrays inside the structs don't quite work in the jobs themselves. so the only thing i can think of to create the structure is to say i have a 100X100 grid, and assume i can have -up to- 100 elements in each grid.. flatten it out so its a single array of 100X100 x 100 then i can math out which section the element can go into and go down the array till there is an open spot, or make a struct that has the 100 elements individually so it would be 100 X 100 (each with 100 ints in it + current length. These just feel super hacky. Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  2. recursive

recursive

I don't think they've rolled any data structures other than NativeArray<> and NativeSlice<> into the betas yet.

3. MartinGram

MartinGram

Unity Technologies

Yes, NativeHashMap was used extensively for the demo shown in the Austin Keynote video.

As recursive says, currently only NativeArray and NativeSlice are exposed in the beta for now.