Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to get an asset up and running with correct lighting

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by joostvanpoppel, Dec 23, 2020.

1. joostvanpoppel

joostvanpoppel

Hi everyone! (really new to unity and basically creating 360 images from Unity scenes)

I recently bought the following asset from the assetstore; https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/urban/qa-police-station-162515

The demo and the screenshots look really good. And with the imported asset I want to use the exact same lighting-style as the demo. I contacted the creator of the asset and what I got back;
    - He made the asset/demo scene in Unity 2017.4.b f 1. I'm using Unity 2020.1.2f1 myself.
    - He advised me to set the Color Space settings in Player Settings to Linear, which I did.
    - Set the Render Path settings in Graphic Settings to deferred, also did that.
    - He also mentioned: "Use free Unity 'Post Processing Stack V2' camera effects (which you can download from the Unity Asset Store or from the Package Manager) and the adjusted profile for that, which can be founded in the QA_PoliceStation/Demoscene/ folder.". Instead I installed Post Processing v2.3.1 because stack v2 isn't available.
    The scene is quite bright and I understood that the Lighting has to be rebaked (is that correct?)
    I opened the lighting dialog and generated the lighting using LightMapper "Enlighten (deprecated)".
    I'm getting these errors while baking;
    The referenced script (Unknown) on this Behaviour is missing!
    The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Spotlight') is missing!
    The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Spotlight') is missing!
    The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Directional Light') is missing!

When baking the processing freezes at 41% and doesn't progress anymore. I waited for over 2 hours, but nothing happened. With the information presented above, can anyone see what is going wrong? And what extra info would you need to see what the problem is?

thanks in advance,
    Joost