Search Unity

Trying to get an animal to follow me when I get close to it

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by BeaniBirb, Oct 10, 2017.

1. BeaniBirb

BeaniBirb

So the goal I am trying to accomplish is to get a sheep to follow me whenever I am close to it, yet have it stop a few units away from me, then when I move away from it it will follow me again. All of this I wish to be achieved using Playmakers FSM, does anyone have any sort of tips I could use?

2. JBR-games

JBR-games

Without knowing much about playmaker I can say that you can do most of this simply through the navmesh system if you set your agent stopping distance to say 5 the Sheep will always stop 5 away from its destination the player ,then in playmaker you simply need to find what sets navmesh agents destination to the players position.

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  3. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

I could help you with proper game-development but I dont know much about playmaker. I always found using systems like playmaker to be a bad thing in the longrun as you end up not really understanding how to develop games, but instead just how to use that one system.

My knowledge of programming from c# and unity API has much more transferable skills, hence why I can now develop using many other languages and engines too.

What would happen if Unity asset store, Unity or Playmaker disappeared tomorrow? Just some food for thought.

JBR-games likes this.