Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to figure out how the facebook instant game SDK work

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by NicoVlhv, Sep 25, 2019.

1. NicoVlhv

NicoVlhv

Hi everyone !

I would like to develop a facebook instant game, a pretty easy one, but I can't figure out how does the whole facebook instant game system works.

I have seen tutorials about how to install it on Unity Tiny and how to run something very basic. But it's pretty much all what you can find online.

Unfortunately, my will goes deeper. Basically, I would like to develop something that has a similar mecanic than games like "Words with friends" ; "Duel quizz".

-> Player connect the game, catch everyone who's also playing, may challenge players that doesn't play the game and get extra point for bringing them into the game

-> Player choose an opponent within the list

-> Player play, send data to opponent.

-> Opponent get notified that someone played.

Seems very basic but I can't understand the whole "context" thing. I can't understand how does the messenger bot works. Everything make more questions incoming, and the tic-tac-toe example on the facebook SDK doesn't bring that much answers.

Like for example, I don't understand how am I suppose to store player's data, there is a function for that in the SDK, but it won't load opponent's data. Also there is a "session" data, and you also can send data with a messenger bot.

Everything is very confusing so if everything can help me with that, I would be grateful.

Thanks