Search Unity

Trying to do the Beginner Code Creator Kit but get compiler error

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by g3tinmyb3lly, Apr 14, 2020.

1. g3tinmyb3lly

g3tinmyb3lly

When I open it in Unity I get a few different warnings and when I try to hit play it says "all compiler errors have to be fixed before you entire playmode" but I haven't made any changes to the project?

Deleting the project and reinstalling didn't help. Had no issues with the FPS creator kit

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    TraumaticHug likes this.
  2. Gordon_G

Gordon_G

What are the errors? Paste the text of the error codes in, including the detail when you click on an error.

3. g3tinmyb3lly

g3tinmyb3lly

Is this what you're looking for?

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@7.1.8\Editor\UniversalRenderPipelineCameraEditor.cs(1049,57): error CS0535: 'UniversalRenderPipelineCameraContextualMenu' does not implement interface member 'IRemoveAdditionalDataContextualMenu<Camera>.RemoveComponent(Camera, IEnumerable<Component>)'

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@7.1.8\Runtime\Passes\RenderObjectsPass.cs(84,24): warning CS0618: 'ProfilingSample' is obsolete: 'Please use ProfilingScope'

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@7.1.8\Runtime\UniversalRenderPipeline.cs(209,24): warning CS0618: 'ProfilingSample' is obsolete: 'Please use ProfilingScope'

There are more like this just don't know if thats what you were talking about. Looking at it now every single error says universal render pipeline or something of that nature.

EDIT: Did some looking into it and found a recommendation to update the Universal RP in the package mangaer to 7.3.1 and that worked. But why?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  4. sabrina974

sabrina974

Hi,

I've got the same problem.
    Have you found the solution ?
    It's very annoising, because, we can't learn a lot, now.

5. Gordon_G

Gordon_G

Everytime Unity releases a new editor update there is the possibility that some aspect of the API has changed. Object Class definitions, variable names, class paths, anything can be removed or changed.

If you have created code using a previous version of Unity and then open it with a new version, you will see a warning that scripts need to be converted. You may find that you also need to manually adjust your code.

The same thing with packages such as the URP - they usually will need to be updated to made compatible.

6. g3tinmyb3lly

g3tinmyb3lly

In unity editor: Click Window, select package manager. Then select Universal RP and update to 7.3.1

anakoia, wolfgangbingo and GSimeonov like this.
  7. satvikgoel950

satvikgoel950

thanks !!

8. faridferozali

faridferozali

just uninstall the Universal RP from package manager.