Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Trying to Build UWP app with debugging enabled, getting MSB3073 error when building?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by isaac1222, Aug 3, 2023.

1. isaac1222

isaac1222

I'm trying to create an UWP application for the Microsoft Hololens and followed these steps to enable debugging capabilities. However when I tried to build it throws this error:

Code (CSharp):
    2. Error    MSB3073    The command ""C:\Users\Z7Y6GC5\Documents\UnityUWPBuild\Builds\Il2CppOutputProject\\IL2CPP\build\deploy\il2cpp.exe" --enable-debugger --compile-cpp --platform=WinRT --incremental-g-c-time-slice=3 --relative-data-path=Data/il2cpp_data --dotnetprofile=unityaot-win32 --profiler-report --print-command-line --architecture=ARM64 --configuration=Debug --outputpath="C:\Users\Z7Y6GC5\Documents\UnityUWPBuild\Builds\\build\bin\ARM64\Debug\GameAssembly.dll" --data-folder="C:\Users\Z7Y6GC5\Documents\UnityUWPBuild\Builds\\build\bin\ARM64\Debug\\" --cachedirectory="C:\Users\Z7Y6GC5\Documents\UnityUWPBuild\Builds\\build\obj\il2cppOutputProject\ARM64\Debug\\" --generatedcppdir="C:\Users\Z7Y6GC5\Documents\UnityUWPBuild\Builds\Il2CppOutputProject\\Source" --verbose --baselib-directory="C:\Users\Z7Y6GC5\Documents\UnityUWPBuild\Builds\Players\UAP\il2cpp\ARM64\Debug" --profiler-output-file="C:\Users\Z7Y6GC5\Documents\UnityUWPBuild\Builds\\build\obj\il2cppOutputProject\ARM64\Debug\profile.json"" exited with code 4.
    upload_2023-8-3_11-54-57.png

I have tried disabling the aforementioned settings required for debugging and building the project. Doing that allows the project to build and deploy to the hololens. Is there any way to fix this error or any other alternative?

Thank you!

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

3. isaac1222

isaac1222

4. isaac1222

isaac1222

Sorry for the delayed followup haha but what alternatives exist for debugging applications for Hololens? Specifically I'm making an app that utilizes TCP communication so, to my knowledge, I don't think the Hololens emulator would work for testing something like that would it?

5. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

TCP should work on the emulator. Does it not for you?

6. isaac1222

isaac1222

Oh yes, my mistake I didn't see the more tools tab the first time I tried it out but looking it up pointed me to it. Thanks again!