Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to build for windows Store

Discussion in 'Windows' started by RHoogland, Apr 7, 2016.

1. RHoogland

RHoogland

Visual Studio is giving me a brain cracker during the build of my Unity application for Windows Store

I get a single error as shown below.
    Anyone who could help deciphering this and tell what to change in the Unity player settings or in the Visual Studio settings?

Would be great,
    thanks a lot in advance.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error The command ""D:\4.Projects\gameBike\1.Unity\5.Compilations\WindowsStore\SunnyRide\Unity\Tools\AssemblyConverter.exe" -platform=uap -lock="D:\4.Projects\gameBike\1.Unity\5.Compilations\WindowsStore\SunnyRide\SunnyRide\project.lock.json" -bits=32 -removeDebuggableAttribute=False -path="." -path="..\Players\UAP\ARM\Debug" "D:\4.Projects\gameBike\1.Unity\5.Compilations\WindowsStore\SunnyRide\SunnyRide\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll" "D:\4.Projects\gameBike\1.Unity\5.Compilations\WindowsStore\SunnyRide\SunnyRide\Assembly-CSharp.dll" "D:\4.Projects\gameBike\1.Unity\5.Compilations\WindowsStore\SunnyRide\SunnyRide\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll" "D:\4.Projects\gameBike\1.Unity\5.Compilations\WindowsStore\SunnyRide\SunnyRide\Assembly-UnityScript.dll" "D:\4.Projects\gameBike\1.Unity\5.Compilations\WindowsStore\SunnyRide\SunnyRide\UnityEngine.dll" "D:\4.Projects\gameBike\1.Unity\5.Compilations\WindowsStore\SunnyRide\SunnyRide\EasyRoads3D.dll" "D:\4.Projects\gameBike\1.Unity\5.Compilations\WindowsStore\SunnyRide\SunnyRide\EasyRoads3Dv3.dll" "D:\4.Projects\gameBike\1.Unity\5.Compilations\WindowsStore\SunnyRide\SunnyRide\UnityEngine.UI.dll" "D:\4.Projects\gameBike\1.Unity\5.Compilations\WindowsStore\SunnyRide\SunnyRide\UnityEngine.Networking.dll"" exited with code 1. SunnyRide D:\4.Projects\gameBike\1.Unity\5.Compilations\WindowsStore\SunnyRide\SunnyRide\SunnyRide.csproj 276

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  2. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

There should be more information available, like stack trace. Better use Build from Unity and then build using Visual Studio and paste contents from Output tab here.

3. RHoogland

RHoogland

Hi, Aurimas.

Maybe I shoulf first explain that I have several external imports in my application like OculusRift, Kinect and EasyRoads, which might be cause of the complications. I had to throw out several of their editor scrips as they were not WSA compatible.

What I did then is:
    - build with latest Unity (5.3.4), see pic below with the parameters.
    - I then opened the solution with Visual Studio and created app packages.

The contents on Visual Studio's output are as follows:

Restoring NuGet packages...
    To prevent NuGet from restoring packages during build, open the Visual Studio Options dialog, click on the Package Manager node and uncheck 'Allow NuGet to download missing packages during build.'
    1>------ Build started: Project: SunnyRide, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    1> UnityInstallationDir "C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor".
    1> UnityWSAPlayerDir "C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\MetroSupport".
    1> UnityProjectDir "D:\4.Projects\gameBike\1.Unity\3.Island\IslandV18.Unity5.3.4WStore\Island".
    1> Copying unprocessed assemblies...
    1> Running AssemblyConverter...
    1> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    1> Parameter name: type
    1> at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ImportReference(TypeReference type, IGenericParameterProvider context)
    1> at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ImportReference(TypeReference type)
    1> at Unity.ModuleContext.Retarget(TypeReference type, GenericContext context)
    1> at Unity.ModuleContext.Retarget(MethodReference method, GenericContext context)
    1> at Unity.FixReferencesStep.Visit(MethodDefinition method, GenericContext context)
    1> at Unity.FixReferencesStep.Visit(TypeDefinition type)
    1> at Unity.TypeDefinitionDispatcher.DispatchType(TypeDefinition type)
    1> at Unity.TypeDefinitionDispatcher..ctor(ModuleDefinition module, ITypeDefinitionVisitor visitor)
    1> at Unity.FixReferencesStep.ProcessModule()
    1> at Unity.ModuleStep.Execute()
    1> at Unity.FixReferencesStep.Execute()
    1> at Unity.Step.Execute(OperationContext operationContext, IStepContext previousStepContext)
    1> at Unity.Operation.Execute()
    1> at Unity.Program.Main(String[] args)
    1>D:\4.Projects\gameBike\1.Unity\5.Compilations\WindowsStore\SunnyRide\SunnyRide\SunnyRide.csproj(276,5): error MSB3073: The command ""D:\4.Projects\gameBike\1.Unity\5.Compilations\WindowsStore\SunnyRide\Unity\Tools\AssemblyConverter.exe" -platform=uap -lock="D:\4.Projects\gameBike\1.Unity\5.Compilations\WindowsStore\SunnyRide\SunnyRide\project.lock.json" -bits=32 -removeDebuggableAttribute=False -path="." -path="..\Players\UAP\x86\Release" "D:\4.Projects\gameBike\1.Unity\5.Compilations\WindowsStore\SunnyRide\SunnyRide\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll" "D:\4.Projects\gameBike\1.Unity\5.Compilations\WindowsStore\SunnyRide\SunnyRide\Assembly-CSharp.dll" "D:\4.Projects\gameBike\1.Unity\5.Compilations\WindowsStore\SunnyRide\SunnyRide\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll" "D:\4.Projects\gameBike\1.Unity\5.Compilations\WindowsStore\SunnyRide\SunnyRide\Assembly-UnityScript.dll" "D:\4.Projects\gameBike\1.Unity\5.Compilations\WindowsStore\SunnyRide\SunnyRide\UnityEngine.dll" "D:\4.Projects\gameBike\1.Unity\5.Compilations\WindowsStore\SunnyRide\SunnyRide\EasyRoads3D.dll" "D:\4.Projects\gameBike\1.Unity\5.Compilations\WindowsStore\SunnyRide\SunnyRide\EasyRoads3Dv3.dll" "D:\4.Projects\gameBike\1.Unity\5.Compilations\WindowsStore\SunnyRide\SunnyRide\UnityEngine.UI.dll" "D:\4.Projects\gameBike\1.Unity\5.Compilations\WindowsStore\SunnyRide\SunnyRide\UnityEngine.Networking.dll"" exited with code 1.
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Build Parameters in Unity were:
    build2.png

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

When you build your project from Unity, do you get any errors?

5. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

This looks like a bug related to generics, which we fixed very recently.
    The bad news is that the fix is not yet released. It will be released with the next patch release, scheduled for next week.
    It's not guaranteed that it is that specific bug, but at least in that patch release there should be a bit more output, so it will be easier to pinpoint the cause.

6. RHoogland

RHoogland

Hi, Tautvydas,

There was an error indeed: "[VRDevice] Initialization of device oculus failed"
    So I have temporarily thrown out the Oculus package and replaced the VR camera by a regular camera.
    And now I passed the packaging process. My guess is that there might be thread issues in the Oculus Rift DK2 software.

My great concern is that the same issues will arise when the definitive Rift comes out this summer. This would be very bad. Can you guys already give some feedback on WSA compatibility regarding the new Rift ?

Secondly I have a problem with a Kinect Add-in warning. Could you advise me on correct plugin settings for WSA? Right now I have:
    Metro: WSA player
    X86: Standalone
    X86+64: Editor+Standalone

thanks a lot

7. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

What kind of warning do you have from kinect plugin?