Search Unity

Trying and trying and trying

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by allhailthecybergod, Nov 9, 2018.

1. allhailthecybergod

allhailthecybergod

That's what I've been doing. I bought some assets thru humble thinking it'd be a fun exercise using this tool to play with the assets and have not been able to get them to work once, They never seem to show up in my library, so I can't add them to a new project. How do I add an asset to a project I already started?

2. Have you followed the instructions on the Humble page? Did you use the keys you got?

If the answer is no: - go back to the humble page and read the instructions
    If the answer is yes: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/AssetStore.html

3. allhailthecybergod

allhailthecybergod

I have, They\ve worked before, partly. and they show in my transactions as claims.

4. Then please file a bug report. Unity will get back to you.

5. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

I dunno, it seems unlikely this is a Unity bug.

I suspect you (@allhailthecybergod) haven't imported them into your project via the Asset Store tab within Unity. Note that this requires you be properly logged into Unity with your username/password, and of course be online.

allhailthecybergod likes this.
  6. allhailthecybergod

allhailthecybergod

7. allhailthecybergod

allhailthecybergod

I am signed in tho, in the Unity launcher and trying to start a project, but I don't see any assets to add.

8. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Can you post a screenshot of your Asset Store tab, in the My Assets view? Should look something like this.
    upload_2018-11-9_15-38-58.png

9. Ryiah

Ryiah

Unity's launcher only shows assets you've downloaded through the Unity editor. You need to start a blank project and go to the place that @JoeStrout is pointing you at and then tell it to download the asset. After that you can just import it into the project.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    JoeStrout likes this.