Search Unity

TrueType font import success?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by domino, Jul 9, 2006.

1. domino

domino

Has anyone out there had success importing TTF fonts?

Most fonts I've tried crash Unity on import. They're standard Adobe fonts, so I doubt they're encoded improperly...

The two I've gotten to work only import the "font Material" and "font Texture", but not the third item which seems to be required and are therefore unusable....

I'm using Unity 1.5 pro on a Macbook Pro for the record.

Thanks,
    David

2. freyr

freyr

Use the Report Bug application included with Unity to report this as a bug and attach the font to the report.

3. domino

domino

Ok. Done. :)

4. Bampf

Bampf

The two TTF fonts I imported worked really well.

The only problem I've had so far is that left-alignment of those fonts seems to be a bit off. The text tends to drift to the right over multiple lines. Seems to be a feature of proportional fonts. But it's not uniform, some lines align and some drift.

I haven't isolated the problem to my satisfaction yet, but if at some point I conclude it's a Unity bug I'll submit a bug report.

5. taumel

taumel

Most of my fonts work but i also do have some which don't work...

6. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

If it imports those it also imports the font. Just select the font in the project view (one level above font Material and font Texture) and use GameObject -> Create Other -> Text.

We are looking at the issue with importing your other true type fonts.

7. domino

domino

I've figured it out now. I mistakenly thought that the font name text above above Material and Texture was just a grouping header for the font... I didn't realize it was selectable! :oops:

It's working now.... Thanks. :D