Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Let us know a bit about your interests, and if you'd like to become more directly involved. Take our survey!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

True FPS Demo

Discussion in 'Animation' started by GenaSG, Jan 21, 2018.

1. GenaSG

GenaSG

Hello everyone,
    I've decided to share my true fps demo with you. It's a simplified functionality from my side project.
    Demo can be downloaded from https://github.com/GenaSG/TrueFPSDemo .

Enjoy

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    CassioKF and Mauri like this.
  2. CTPEJIOK22

CTPEJIOK22

thanks, man, your project is good as start point

GenaSG likes this.
  3. naimabbassi

naimabbassi

hi , when i put my model i get some error , the head is rotated and not work for it i don't know way, can you make
    a tutorial for it.
    thanks

4. GenaSG

GenaSG

Hello,
    Usually that means that animation doesn't work properly. Probably non humanoid rig.

5. Harrier

Harrier

Do you use own IK because LateUpdate is moving bones and IK target is in wrong position?
    I decided to try AnimationUtility.SetEditorCurve and make own animation using editor script, but i realized that SetEditorCurve uses muscle FK instead "transform" FK?
    I have no idea how to simply do something like this with muscles:

Code (CSharp):
    1. this.animator.GetBoneTransform(HumanBodyBones.Spine).localRotation *= Quaternion.Slerp(Quaternion.identity, this.character.CameraRotation, .2f);
    Because changing "Spine Front-Back" raise legs...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  6. Harrier

Harrier

Edit: I gave up animation, currently i'm using animator.SetBoneLocalRotation in OnAnimatorIK.
    I just had to copy spine-chest-neck-head-camera-aimpoint structure using transforms and predict IK target position in Update.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  7. GenaSG

GenaSG

Hello
    Yes there’s a custom IK. It’s already in the demo project.

8. KOCGI

KOCGI

Looks awesome. I just was wondering, if someone could give me tip how to set the animations up. When I start it, I only can walk and run. When I jump it still plays walking animations. I've seen there are some nice animations in the folders, but how do I make use of them? Would be great if someone could help me out with this.