Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Troubleshooting The Profiler

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by denissuu, Nov 10, 2019 at 5:22 PM.

1. denissuu

denissuu

Hi there!Well, as the titles says, I am looking into using the profiler, but I'm having a little issue.All that I mean is, the thing is that I am trying to use the profiler to track my phone's usages and it just automatically goes back to the editor and there I can't see any fps issues at all as it goes to 4k fps or something like that.Do you guys have any suggestions on how I could keep my phone connected on the profiler?I am also using Unity Remote 5 when hitting play and it's connected via USB with debbuging on.What could it be that it's making it go back to the editor performance stats even though the game is running on my phone?

alexeyzakharov likes this.
  2. alexeyzakharov

alexeyzakharov

Unity Technologies

AFAIK Unity Remote is not really running game on the phone, but only displays the screenshot rendered in the Unity Editor. I wouldn't profile game this way because it doesn't really tell anything useful, but merely time of flipping framebuffer and input processing.
    Always profile game built and deployed to the device (Development Player).

If the issue is still present in the development build -
    Do you see any warning or errors in the console? With such high framerate what might happen is that the connection bandwidth is too low to accommodate the profiler data stream and profiler turns off.
    I would suggest closing all profiler areas in Profiler Window except CPU profiler to reduce frame data size.

3. denissuu

denissuu

Well, before reading this I have commited to enabling the devbuild option before building and then I saw that it was connecting my phone finally when it was running the apk as I have turned on the autoconnect thingy in the development build checkmarks.And to be honest it seems like everything was due to the outdated Unity asset pack caled Post Processing Stack that was just redrawing everything too much times in a row and eating everything.From there though I have already imported my car and scripts into a brand new Project without any assets from the store and made the needed platform glows in Photoshop instead, and everything is running awesome on a pretty low end phone ( J5 2017 ) on Medium Quality settings and I don't think that I want to mess with that at this point as I already seem to get 100 fps or something like that always in the profiler while being in game on my phone.I will keep that extra fps there without actually bumping up the graphics more than the defaults because I'm pretty sure that as I progress in my game and add more features that fps is gonna go down but hopefully still be above the 60fps target.Thanks for the answer, I do really appreciate it and hope you the best!

alexeyzakharov likes this.