Search Unity

Troubleshooting the Editor companion thread.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Aurore, Aug 13, 2015.

1. giantkilleroverunity3d

giantkilleroverunity3d

Aye lad. Tis an unfair tote of dinkum to belay the trifles of the enemy. I too have spent efforts and times to get to my project. Don't complain any further. You'll just catch a sh!t storm from the snowflake trolls. Submit a trouble ticket and hope for the best. I did and Unity support responded with an acknowledgement that the failure in my case was theirs. Now I wait. I have a lot of skin in game too. The new agenda is 'It's a social grace to help others make their product the best.' https://www.cbsnews.com/news/toyota-unintended-acceleration-has-killed-89/ . Tell these poor souls that... Morgue report states: Victim died due unintended acceleration. Are ya kiddin me? Yep. The perpetrator was buggy software.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  2. giantkilleroverunity3d

giantkilleroverunity3d

Performed update. Still no tools menu button.
    But I get this:
    upload_2017-11-21_20-5-53.png

3. TenKHoursDev

TenKHoursDev

I'm having a problem with the editor.

Specifically when I try to drag & drop or use the picker to assign references to my script fields they don't stay after the game has started.

If I use the picker for an object in the assets folder I can't see the "scene" objects tab. If I try to drag and drop between them it just disappears and throws a null reference when used in game.

Its really frustrating and strange. Will post video some time if anyone needs it.

I am using Unity 2017.1.0p4 personal on Windows 10.

4. Kleinmergi

Kleinmergi

Vuforia fatal error, Size overflow in allocator, Unity 2017.3.0f3

Hello,
    I have an annoying problem with my Unity Editor.
    Every time I activate the Vuforia Augmented Reality support in the PlayerSettings, the editor crashes by starting the game mode and show a fatal error.
    I´ve already tried to reinstall the program and delete the cache files, without success.
    Also, the previous version 2017.2.0f3 behaves the same way.

Thanks and a happy new year :)7

I've solved the problem. It must correlated with my Webcam-Driver. I just have reinstalled it and all works fine again.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  5. TenKHoursDev

TenKHoursDev

Turns out the reason was that Unity separates assignable object reference between scene and assets. Ie. you can't assign a field a reference to something within the scene on a custom script. This is so because you would need some kind of instantiate or objectpooler to actually spawn an instance of the assigned value. I wish this were spelled out in tutorials more explicitly. But all is well!

6. esteban16108

esteban16108

Hi, After installing Unity Hub my Unity instance doesn't load and eats all the memory and starts trashing to disk and then crashes, I have 16Gb ram, wasn't happening before installing Unity Hub :(

I uninstalled Unity and Unity Hub and Re Installed Unity but still doing this, Can't open it can't work.

Any clue on what can I do?

Thanks.

7. vertexx

vertexx

Is this thread for questions only?
    Is there anybody out there/here that actually answers these or what?
    Where does one go for an answer after posting a question? Or does one simply give up?
    Is there a "too hard" forum that we should visit?
    Is there another Forum on the Unity software that might be more helpful?
    I mean one NOT run by Unity?

8. ST4H

ST4H

Please help ;__;
    upload_2018-3-3_1-12-31.png

9. musicartslao

musicartslao

Hi! I am on 2017 3 version.
    After animating a crane carrying a container(with a RigidBody Component) along a track, and letting it drop after some frames, I got this error:
    "Non-convex MeshCollider with non-kinematic Rigidbody is no longer supported in Unity 5. If you want to use a non-convex mesh either make the Rigidbody kinematic or remove the Rigidbody component. Scene hierarchy path "craneTrack/crane/container/container 1", Mesh asset path "Assets/Models/Environment/container.FBX" Mesh name "container"
    But the animation works.
    what to do ? This is a RED warning.
    Thanks for any help!

10. heroft23

heroft23

I have .net framework problem

".NET Framework Not Installed: Download and install .NET Framework 4.5 Developer Pack"

But its installed, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Do you have any idea?
    When I delete the "meta" files in assets. It fixes the problem. But later on it does the same thing. I couldn't really solve the problem fully.
    And when I try to open big projects from other people, deleting metas don't work either. If you have any idea please help.

I don't really know if this is the right thread for it but sorry if its not

11. TenKHoursDev

TenKHoursDev

I have a pretty good rig running Unity on Debian 9 right now but performance in the editor is terrible. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to improve/fix this? I have an AMD Ryzen processor, 16 GB RAM, and an AMD Radeon r7 370 GPU.

12. costatroy44

costatroy44

help me please

Attached Files:

13. LSDv5

LSDv5