Search Unity

Question Troubleshooting Google's Geospatial Example "Balloon Pop"

Discussion in 'AR' started by Ultimate_Hypocrite, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Ultimate_Hypocrite

Ultimate_Hypocrite

I've been trying to figure out how to use Google's geospatial API and hoped that looking through some examples would help. The documentation recommends Balloon Pop but I'm having some difficulties getting it set up properly. The game documentation points toward creating an API key but the link is dead, I think this is equivalent. I followed the instructions to create a key and presumably there should be an option to enable Geospatial as seen here.

This option is missing for me whether I select keyless like in this example or API key like in the balloon pop documentation. I'm running the project pretty much out of the box on Unity 2021.3.8f1. Is there something I'm missing?

Attached Files:

2. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

I would recommend raising an issue with the owners of this repo.

3. Cery_

Cery_

Do you have the correct version of ARCore Extensions installed? You need a version >= v1.31.
    Sometimes it also helps to reinstall it so it sets up a few config files. (Unrelated but important: ARCore Extensions does not work with the new ARFoundation 5 yet)

andyb-unity likes this.
  4. Ultimate_Hypocrite

Ultimate_Hypocrite

Thank you very much! This was able to get me what I needed. I had no idea about the ARCore extensions compatibility, I think that has been the result of some of my previous problems as well.