Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Troubles with the Collab feature not showing collabs?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by gatorpatch, Apr 18, 2017.

1. gatorpatch

gatorpatch

Today, our 5 person team all found that we all are not able to commit to the collab on a project. On further investigation, all 5 peoples collab history shows no existing collabs and the online web dashboard does not load either. We are all on 5.5.0f3 Educational running on Mac OS X 10.11.3.

2. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @gatorpatch! I'm real sorry that your team is unable to use Collab. Could you direct message me your project's UPID so that we can look up your project's info and find out what's going wrong?

3. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

The Collab service was experiencing some higher than expected issues today that have settled down a bit now. Could you and your team try to use Collab again and let me know if you're still experiencing the same issues please?

4. Thomas_Unity

Thomas_Unity

Hi ! I might have the same problem or something close.

Here is my situation.

I'm working on a project "in the cloud" on my Main computer. But, due to some issues with some script i wanted to try to work on my laptop, to see if issues could be related to my computer. But when I open Unity on my Laptop in "Projects" I the option "In the cloud" is missing and I can only select local project.

I 've never used Unity "in the cloud" on my laptop. Did I forget to do something ? I'm logged on both computer with my account thomasbourgeois.90@gmail.com.

Thanks for your help

5. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Thomas_Unity! As long as you're signed in with the same account as the one that is a member of that project then you should see it appear in your In The Cloud section of the launcher. Do you see a thin blue bar underneath the Projects and Learn tab moving across the screen when you click on In The Cloud? That indicates that it's loading your projects list. How fast are your internet speeds?

6. Thomas_Unity

Thomas_Unity

Hi ! I noticed the blue bar when I launch Unity but it's really fast and only for one second. I just don't see the option on the right "In the cloud".

On my Main Computer

And here it is on my Laptop
    upload_2017-4-19_9-26-21.png Capture.JPG

[EDIT]Well it solved by doing the update to Unity 5.6 so nevermind and sorry for that !

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  7. kabrio

kabrio

I am on macOS 10.13.12 using Unity 2017.3.0f3 and my collaborators have added a seat for me on a collaborate project (using Unity Team Basic) but the project is not showing up under "In the Cloud" tab.

I can see, that I am part of the organization when I check my Unity ID Dashboard in the browser. I noticed, that a test project which I created in the browser also doesn't show up on the Unity start screen.

I tried logging in and out locally as well as on the web, just to make sure, that I am using the same account. Didn't help.

Maybe I should notice, that I left Unity 5.5.1f1 installed in an extra folder. Please help, thanks!

ramsanoria5 likes this.
  8. johng_unity

johng_unity

Unity Technologies

9. theoneandonlyboi

theoneandonlyboi

hi so this is my situation me and another friend want to work on projects together but when we shared our projects and downloaded them the projects were empty we tried all methods of collab manager, user, and owner and we tried redownloaded it too please help us

10. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @theoneandonlyboi, when you download your project, do you see any assets in the project's Library/Collab/Download/ folder? How large is the project that you're trying to share? Does the project download fine to other machines?

11. GreenJuicePowers13

GreenJuicePowers13

I need help.

I'm able to toggle on and off collaborate, but there's no collab button, and when I click on some of the links (Open the Collaborate toolbar, Open the history panel, but I can enter the Go to the web dashboard.)

12. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @GreenJuicePowers13, could you tell me which version of Collab you have installed? (You can check by opening the Package Manager from the Window menu and scrolling down to Unity Collaborate). If you are not seeing the Collab Toolbar button then, from the Package Manager, could you try removing and reinstalling the Collaborate package to see if that helps? Also try restarting Unity after installing the package.

13. yuki2006

yuki2006

I need help too.

I'm in trouble because nothing is displayed when I press the "Collab" button.
    It is visible in others Unity and dashboards.

It did not change even after reinstalling.

Collaborate version is 1.2.16.

Attached Files:

14. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @yuki2006, which version of Unity are you using? Could you try going into the Package Manager and removing the Unity Collaborate package, then reinstalling 1.2.16 to see if that resolves your issue?

15. yuki2006

yuki2006

@ryanc-unity

Unity uses 2019.4.4f1.
    I deleted the collaboration package and reinstalled it, but it didn't resolved.

I also attached Editor.log.

Attached Files:

16. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the update and your logs. Could you tell me roughly where you're located? We think we might have an outage in Europe with Unity ID, which is used for our authorization and could explain the issues you're seeing.

17. yuki2006

yuki2006

18. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

It sounds like it might be unrelated. Are you still experiencing this issue? If you are then could you please get in touch with our Support team so that they can unblock you? You can get in touch with them by doing the following:

1. Navigate to project on the Developer Dashboard.
    2. Select Collaborate > Support from the left hand menu.
    3. Click on Open a Ticket and fill out the support form.

unityunity