Search Unity

Troubles from the Asset Store

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Kragh, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Kragh

Kragh

So... I love Unity. Whatever is coming is out of frustrated love for the product. Been using it since 2007 :)

Wtf is up with stuff I buy from the Asset Store? Every other package will have something not working. "Missing (Mono Script)" being the most annoying and regular offence.
    How can it be that I, in 2020, still can't get some basic info on what the script is. The class name. Some class members. SOMETHING!
    It should be default behaviour: "The script with the name x is missing".
    Not only so that I can try and find it (Suddenly I have something to google from), but ESPECIALLY so I can guess what it does. At the moment it is just missing. I have no idea whether it is something crucial, or some detail effects script, that I could replicate in seconds.
    I really have no idea how to fix problems like that. And it just baffles me that this still doesn't just work.
    And it baffles me that so many Asset Store products has these stupid problems. Anyone have a solution? Some idea why so many products fail? How to "extract" some info from the missing component?