Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Trouble with Unity Transport Simulator Pipeline

Discussion in 'Unity Transport' started by olejuer, Dec 30, 2019.

1. olejuer

olejuer

Hi everyone,

I am playing around with the new Unity transport package. And I am experiencing a weird issue with the simulator pipeline in combination with the reliability pipeline. When I connect a client so that a connection is created with an internalID that was used before, packages that are sent through a reliable simulator pipeline do not get through. To create the situation, I do the following.

I setup a server driver using
    Code (CSharp):
    1. _serverDriver = new UdpNetworkDriver(new SimulatorUtility.Parameters
    2.             {
    3.                 MaxPacketCount = 30,
    4.                 PacketDropPercentage = 5,
    5.                 MaxPacketSize = 256,
    6.                 PacketDelayMs = 50
    7.             }, new ReliableUtility.Parameters {WindowSize = 32});
    and I create pipelines
    Code (CSharp):
    1. _unreliablePipeline = _serverDriver.CreatePipeline(typeof(SimulatorPipelineStage));
    2. _reliablePipeline = _serverDriver.CreatePipeline(typeof(ReliableSequencedPipelineStage), typeof(SimulatorPipelineStage));
    Then I connect a client and sending/receiving works fine. I can also connect another client, no problem. But then I disconnect a client. The next client will get ONE message send through the _reliablePipeline, but no more. Messages sent through the unreliable pipeline are received just fine. I think it might be because the connection reuses an old internalID and the state of the simulator pipeline is somehow messed up?

I send messages using
    _serverDriver.Send(_reliablePipeline, connection, streamWriter);

I tried getting a dump of the simulator pipeline using the instructions here https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.transport@0.2/manual/pipelines-usage.html , but the compiler will not let me perform the cast
    var simCtx = (SimulatorUtility.Context*)sharedBuffer.GetUnsafeReadOnlyPtr();
    , claiming SimulatorUtility.Context was a managed type, but it is a struct...

Any ideas anyone? Thank you!

unityunity