Search Unity

Question Trouble with baking lights that are going through a wall [HDRP 14.0.7 / Unity 22.2.17]

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by AngleDroitL, May 15, 2023.

1. AngleDroitL

AngleDroitL

Hello there !

I'm trying to bake my lighting in my scene but weirdly, I have this result. It's like the light is going through the wall or at least, the window. Which I don't want for this part of my architecture.

I used a shell to avoid entry of any light and I closed the face of these windows. I also added 2 cube with the parameter "Cast shadows only" to really be sure that no light is going through. But even with that, I still have the same result.

I am baking in CPU with this setup :

But the surprising part is that when I bake in GPU, everything looks fine (except with some artifacts, that's why I am baking in CPU, I heard that it was better quality)

I found something that may be interesting tho. My window material is transparent (Alpha) and when I turn it to opaque mode, the light doesn't act weird anymore. Below you can see the only windows that are supposed to let the light go through.

But, why, even with shell + boxes that are set up to cast shadows... actually don't cast shadows ?
    Thanks for reading, if you need any additional information, let me know ( :

Attached Files: