Search Unity

Trouble with 360° screenshot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by naemihan, May 18, 2020.

1. naemihan

naemihan

I followed this video tutorial :

But I'm still getting a really bad image.
    Here's a printscreen of my layout :

Here's a screenshot in play mode :

And here's the weird equirectangular image :

I'm using Gaia, Aura2 and Aquas. It looks like the technique used in the video doesn't take into account any effects or post processing. Also you can still see the cube lines even with the ConvertToEquirect function.

What am I not getting ?

2. Ukounu

Ukounu

https://github.com/eVRydayVR/Unity360PanoramaCapture

^ I used this for screenshots and recording 360 videos. All captures look exactly the same as in my game (I use different water/sky though). The asset seems to be removed from the Asset Store, but you still can download it from GitHub, I think.

3. naemihan

naemihan

Thanks for your reply, I'll give that a try.
    May I ask what water/sky do you use ?

4. Ukounu

Ukounu

5. naemihan

naemihan

That water one looks nice, thanks for sharing.

6. naemihan

naemihan

@Ukounu
    So I tried it and it says :
    1 - "Can't add script component "CapturePanorama" because the script class cannot be found. Make sure there are no compile errors and that the file name and class name match."

The script is the one provided in your link. The file name and class name match and there are no compile errors. What gives ? I've had this kind of error before and asked people here. Nobody seemed to know how to solve it.

7. Ukounu

Ukounu

I double checked it right now, and everything works perfectly for me. Downloaded zip archive from GitHub, unpacked, placed "CapturePanorama" folder into "Assets". Then, inside the game, I dropped CapturePanorama.cs on my camera. That's all, no further adjustments are required. By pressing "P" key I can make a 360 screenshot or start a video sequence.

What Unity version are you using? I tested with 2018.4.22.