Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Trouble upgrading scripting runtime to 4.x from 3.5, lots of undefined symbols in iOS build

Discussion in 'Experimental Scripting Previews' started by halilkayim, Aug 10, 2018.

1. halilkayim

halilkayim

Hello everyone. I'm trying to upgrade the scripting runtime of my project from 3.5 to 4.x, but the iOS build breaks when I do (I still haven't checked the Android part). I get the following errors in the C++ files inside the Native folder.

I also have a custom build script which is pretty straightforward, and a post-build script that manages some directories, but they aren't doing anything fancy.

My Unity version is 2018.2.0f on macOS 10.13.6. Can anyone make anything out of these errors?

2. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

When compiling the C++ code in libil2cpp for the .NET 4.x equivalent scripting runtime, you'll need to define NET_4_0=1 in the processor. This should happen automatically, but if you are using a custom build in Xcode that might be missing.