Search Unity

Question Trouble signing in, I am redirected to "id.unity.cn".

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by King_Sager, Mar 17, 2022.

1. King_Sager

King_Sager

When I try to sign in, the browser keeps redirecting to a ".cn" website, with a label of The Ministry of Public Security of China.
    Please tell me how to fix it and sign in through a secured website. upload_2022-3-17_6-52-39.png

2. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

Sounds like you could've been hacked, reset your PC and update your antivirus and all that bobbins.

3. Mauri

Mauri

No, you're likely not hacked.
    id.unity.cn
    is a valid URL for Unity Technologies Shanghai.
    Are you living in China or anywhere near there?

As for the label, companies from China are legally required to show it on their websites. If you follow the link and solve the captcha, you'll be greeted with information about who owns the website. The bold text on the top roughly translates to:

4. King_Sager

King_Sager

Thank you for answering. No, I don't live in China, I'm physically in New York now. The only connection between me and China now is I bought this Dell laptop in China about 5 years ago. I reset the system several times and downloaded clean (it should be) windows installation media from Microsoft official website.
    And still, they knew I had some connection with China, and assume I should be governed by it. To be frank this is quite scary.
    I know Unity has a branch in Shanghai, that's good and great. I just want to know how can I get rid of this, do I have to buy a new computer?

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I doubt you need a new computer. Are you running Chinese Windows? Or US. Can you try with a different browser, and/or clear your cache? Perhaps try with a different network too, as a test. Like your phone hotspot. If you can share your IP address in a private message, I can check to see if it is associated with a US ISP.

6. King_Sager

King_Sager

Thank you, it doesn't work, I'll try Ubuntu instead.

7. LCLar

LCLar

For me in a similar situation, clearing cookies and cache helped. But you've already tried so many things, I'm not sure it will help.

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You might try creating another user account.

9. nerozenlong

nerozenlong

Have u solved the problem yet?I had the same problem now.