Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Trouble making TMP Text responsive with HorizontalLayoutGroup

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by unity_MpEyRN4genkcaw, Jan 10, 2024.

1. unity_MpEyRN4genkcaw

unity_MpEyRN4genkcaw

Hello ! Hope you are having a great day !

I'm currently struggling with making an HorizontalLayoutGroup responsive like I want. To summarize the problem I made a quick screen with what I currently have. Sans titre.png (See attached file)

What I'm trying to do is to make sure that the text below all have the same font size, but the problem is that I have to make it responsive so I have to use the "Auto-size" feature on the TextMeshPro component. As you can see, the text lenght can vary, which make it look a bit weird in my opinions.

So I'm looking for a solution that could make all my text fit and have the same font size while being responsive. I guess I could potentially do that using scripts whil playing around the text mesh pro component but I'm wondering if there is a simpler solution to that. What do you think ?

Thank you for your time !