Search Unity

Bug Tris, verts bugs in statistics

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Personuo, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Personuo

Personuo

No matter how much mesh I add to the scene, in Statistics, Tris is always 1.7k and verts is always 5.0k

There have been several versions, I thought unity will notice, but I ca n’t bear it anymore, I have to point it

2. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

Hello,
    Sorry to hear you're encountering these issues. Sadly, Forum posts are not the most trackable, noticeable or processable way of handling bugs. E.g. I've only just now randomly found this thread while searching for something else entirely. Also, which Unity versions specifically does this happen on for you? We're currently fixing this issue, but that might be unrelated to the one you are experiencing.

When reporting a bug through the Bug reporter that you can access from the Editor via Help -> Report a Bug, it will provide us with valuable context information (some machine stats, editor logs, Unity version) by default. It will also ensure that our QA will have a look at it (the better detailed the report the faster it can be processed) and can notify the right teams in a timely fashion.

So, if the fix for that bug does not solve the issue for you, or if you are on a version not affected by that bug, could I ask you to please file a bug report, so that we can the necessary details and be able to better track and fix this issue? That would be much appreciated. We care about these stats being a reliable measurement* and any fault in them is something we'd really like to know about and fix.

*Some parts of these stats might be a bit different between Playmode and a build player to to differences in the built player / the target platform and the Editor. That is not always something we can work around but we'll do our best to close the gap. Also the Profiler should show these stats for built players when looking at the Rendering Profiler Module.