Search Unity

TrinusVR Unity support

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by trinusvr, Aug 16, 2015.

1. trinusvr

trinusvr

Hi all,

I am the developer of TrinusVR, an affordable alternative to Oculus Rift, with thousands of players already using it.
    I have been working on a library which is Unity compatible. I should be making it available on the Asset store soon, but in the meantime you can test it for your own projects.
    Would be cool to see some nice Unity projects using it! (I'm not too good with Unity myself)
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/11068sc0quwu212/tgUnity.zip

Any queries or issues, let me know!

ROBYER1 and elias_t like this.
  2. dk_user

dk_user

very interesting - sadly not for iphone - i guess thats is due to restrictions by apple?

3. trinusvr

trinusvr

There's an iOS version in the works, but not quite ready yet (focus is on the Android version for now).
    Also, for this Android version, you can download the free edition (links at trinusvr.com) and unlock full access with code 'trinusdev'

dk_user likes this.
  4. trinusvr

trinusvr

5. trinusvr

trinusvr

elias_t likes this.
  6. odival

odival

Is it possible to read accelerometer data from the phone via the desktop game using Trinus?
    I want to be able to write functions using the accelerometer data as input, streamed to the pc via your app. Can it be done?

7. trinusvr

trinusvr

I'm afraid accelerometer data is not available atm, but might consider adding it. Can you tell me a bit more about your use case?

8. odival

odival

Well, I was trying to read accelerometer data through your plugin and use it as input in a pedometer-like algorithm. Ultimately that would enable users to jog in place (in the real world) so that they can walk in the virtual world.

I've tested this with Google Cardboard and it worked quite well, but I'm limited in that the game/experience must work with a smartphone hardware. So that's why I wanted to get these readings remotely so that I can use as input in a desktop game. I know I can do that with things like freetrack, glovepie and so on, but I guess it would be more eficient and straightforward if I could do that with a plugin like yours.

9. trinusvr

trinusvr

Sounds interesting, I will look into providing suitable data. Please drop me a line at support at trinusvr.com to discuss in detail.

odival likes this.
  10. odival

odival

Sure thing =D

11. JuanGuzmanH

JuanGuzmanH

Is this project still working? I downloaded the plugin from the asset store for Unity 2017 and some scripts have errors and can not start.

12. trinusvr

trinusvr

Last update was for Unity 5.5.2, I haven't worked on any updates since due to other Trinus dev priorities.

13. Kqwettrter

Kqwettrter

I downloaded Trinus psvr 1.0.7 version and connected ps vr, I started Steam VR, did the setup on the computer, it was normal on the computer screen, and I tried to switch Steam VR to PSR, press Windows + Shift + Arrow rigeht but there is nothing to change. Please help waiting for an answer

14. codingnoodles

codingnoodles

I would like to know if the current version works for psvr. I want to make games for vr but I only have a psvr, will the current version make me be able to use my psvr in unity?

15. JasonPlaygroundVR

JasonPlaygroundVR

16. robotscott725

robotscott725

Let me know if it works! I'm in the same situation!!!