Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Trinity demo #02

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Toack, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Toack

Toack

Another feature done

Demo #02

Playlist

I know it's simple but please comment :D

.ORG

2. Samantha

Samantha

Pretty cool, but this second one is not quite as engaging as the first one.

In my opinion, the most interesting element of your videos are the potential to show off how your game works so others can learn some tricks. So you might want to consider showing how your features work, and then how you implemented them.

For example, your message system is way cool. Which GameObject is it attached to? How does it receive and push messages? How are you handling the fade functionality?

Little hints like this would make your videos both more engaging and more beneficial to viewers.

(in fact, your videos are inspiring me to do a series of my own!)

3. Toack

Toack

Yeah, i had really thought about this too, but then, the videos will be very long, im trying to make them as short as possible but still getting 7 minutes.

They arent unity tutorials.. just a blog like thing.. to show the progress of my game.. should i better consider to do tutorials instead ?

Next ones i will try to cover more technical issues, but that will probably limit the audience.

Thanks, ill work on that :D

.ORG

4. EducaSoft

EducaSoft

I vote for the tutorial version :)

5. NicholasFrancis

NicholasFrancis

I'd vote for just blogging your progress - doing a tutorial is major work, so I'd say focus on making your game, then video blog when you have something cool to show off!

After shipping, you can always go back and do a tutorial about the really clever things you do (Or wish you had done) :)

6. Omar Rojo

Omar Rojo

im sticking to the blog thing, but ill use more technical terms as long as my english allows me. But you can always ask me about the features here in the forum, ill post all demos about my wip :D

.ORG