Search Unity

TriLib - Model Loading Package

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by rickomax, Jun 21, 2017.

1. rickomax

rickomax

Hi.

Assimp has many incompatibilities with UWP. You may have "random" crashes depending on the model you load, for example. That's a reason for TriLib 2.0, which is being rewritten in C#.

So we have many implementations benefits by using C#, as background workers, full UWP support, etc.

ignavus and Bartolomeus755 like this.
  2. layola

layola

sounds like great ,do you have some road map about the features? I have join your email announced.
    such like which format export ?
    current we have a project want help about export some webgl format .
    include Osg.js ,openctm ,playcanvas ,

3. rickomax

rickomax

Hey. Not yet.
    I'm working to fix current TriLib version issues, so it may delay the 2.0 version a bit.

4. chasepettit

chasepettit

This looks very promising. I'm looking forward to giving it a shot.

rickomax likes this.
  5. rickomax

rickomax

TriLib 1.5 is out.
    Now with experimental iOS and Linux support.
    If you acquired the plugin, please let me know if it's working fine for you.

6. layola

layola

azming!!!! we will check later .
    current version is work fine for us. azming load speed.
    could you do some test compare between old and new version or platform?

7. layola

layola

@RickMax ,
    can you import fbx include originally light node information and physics material information ?

8. rickomax

rickomax

Hi @layola.

Light information is planned for the next release, althought the light loading code is a bit old, so we may need to tweak it's behaviour after this release.

I dont' know any file format "physics material spec" at the moment, if you know the format that has this information, I can study implementing on TriLib.

Best regards.

9. rickomax

rickomax

Hi @layola.
    We haven't benchmarked it yet. But it tends to have the same speed as before.
    Only the OBJ loader has been refactored and seems to be a bit faster on latest release.

10. layola

layola

hello,rickomax
    the 1.5 upate include 1 and 2 suggestion?

LostPanda likes this.
  11. hugopok

hugopok

Hi guys, i have a problem while importing Trilib: I got a "Trilib was unable to find the native plugins" message. Clicking yes make Unity goes in a loop. There's a way to resolve this? I'am on Unity 5.5.1ps.

this is the error message from Trilib
    "DllNotFoundException: assimp"

Thank you!!!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  12. rickomax

rickomax

@hugopok, please tell me your operating system version. Also, did you made a clean TriLib install on your project or you updated from an older version?

13. rickomax

rickomax

@layola, some of the renamed objects and extra objects comes from internal Assimp model representation. It's not a plausible work for pre 2.0 (Assimp based) versions, as there is too much danger and refactoring involved. That's something that is planned for the 2.0 release.

LostPanda likes this.
  14. layola

layola

hi,@rickomax
    may be here some feature request
    1:my fbx with *.hdr,and *.tga format image ,and I hope you can support runtime load that image
    are you plane to do that ?

15. CAD_Schroer_GmbH

CAD_Schroer_GmbH

Hi, @rickomax
    I have a problem with Transparency. All My FBX-Files that i created with 3Ds Max have an Alpha value from 0.
    If i Import the files with the nativ fbx import from Unity i got the right Alpha value.
    Did you or anywone else, know a workaround?

Regards...

16. layola

layola

17. hugopok

hugopok

i have windows 10 and unity 5.5.1p2 installed, i have tried with macOS with the same plugin and unity version that i have on windows and i had no issue,

18. ModeLolito

ModeLolito

Currently I test 1.5. It's really great and thanks to your code the textures add automatically if the textures are in the same folder of 3d model.
    However that doesn't work on Android, I have not textures add automatically, you know why ?

19. rickomax

rickomax

ModeLolito, I'm having some issues on Android version. I'm working to fix them as soon as possible.

20. ModeLolito

ModeLolito

Hi, finally I found a mean. The issue was in the path I had backslash values whereas I need just texture name. So I extracted just the name and now that works.
    Else can we modify a texture name in a fbx file and do you have a method to add a texture in a part of a 3d model imported

21. rickomax

rickomax

Thank you @ModeLolito. I'll write-down your fix to see if it will work for other cases.

I don't have a method to do that at the moment, but if you just want to add a texture to a loaded model (without exporting it, as TriLib currently doesn't support), I could write you a code for that.

22. ModeLolito

ModeLolito

Thanks, but it's more work for you, so if I decide to add it, I will find a solution on my own.
    And thanks again for your asset which is already very good.

And if someone is interested here a demo made with GARnie where I used Trilib to import this 3d model
    https://www.flatpyramid.com/3d-models/vehicles-3d-models/motorcycle/antique/bsa-bantam-d1-1948/

rickomax likes this.
  23. xor83

xor83

Hello.

Thanks for this nice package.

I am using ARToolkit to augment fbx model at runtime. The code execute without any error but I cannot see the model anywhere. Can you please help me on this. I have share code below.

Also how can I run 2nd,3rd animation from the list. " AutoPlayAnimations" will load first animation but can I trigger others? Using script.

try
    {
    var assetLoaderOptions = AssetLoaderOptions.CreateInstance();
    assetLoaderOptions.RotationAngles = new Vector3(90f, 180f, 0f);
    assetLoaderOptions.AutoPlayAnimations = true;
    var loadedGameObject = assetLoader.LoadFromFile(Application.temporaryCachePath + "/model2/model2.fbx", assetLoaderOptions);
    loadedGameObject.transform.position = new Vector3(128f, 0f, 0f);

loadedGameObject.layer = LayerMask.NameToLayer("AR foreground");

loadedGameObject.transform.parent = parentObject.transform;
    }
    catch (Exception e)
    {
    Debug.LogError(e.ToString());
    }

24. alexxxxxx

alexxxxxx

HI,

I Have a question before i buy it.
    I want to get a gameobject have Animator component after load a FBX file,because my script will use Animator.GetBoneTransform(HumanBodyBones.bodypart)

Is there the plugin support??@rickomax

25. rickomax

rickomax

Yes @alexxxxxx, TriLib does support the Animator component.

26. rickomax

rickomax

@xor83, you should take a look at the scale of your model.
    Can you see the model on the Unity Editor hierarchy panel?

27. Ignatius

Ignatius

Hi rickomax,
    Thanks for your great asset, we had come out with amazing application from it. I'm wondering, does webGL support is only come with 2.0? (As 2.0 should be support all platform by unity)

28. rickomax

rickomax

Hi @Ignatius

I've been doing some tests with the WebGL platform, and it's possible that we have an experimental version for the next-next release (1.6).

Ignatius likes this.
  29. rickomax

rickomax

Just a reminder:
    TriLib 1.5c is awaiting Asset Store approval.
    This version fixes the current iOS linking issues.

30. mikko_forsman

mikko_forsman

Hi,

Do you have any estimation about when this async loading feature is available? I am currently building an application in which async loading feature is essential, so it would be cool to know if there was some estimation in order to figure out if we need to write our own loader.

Kind regards,
    Mikko Forsman

31. rickomax

rickomax

@mikko_forsman
    I'll focus on this feature now, I don't have an ETA yet, but it should probably come by the next update.

32. xor83

xor83

Yes, I have checked the scale of model but its not showing up. Can you please check your email? I have already sent you the details.

33. mikko_forsman

mikko_forsman

That is really good to now, thanks for your work!

34. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

Hello, I have just found this interesting and useful asset, but I do not know why the list of all the supported 3D for at importers is not shown here in this thread because the ricardoreis.net is not working

Why the website ricardoreis.net is not available?

Does Trilib have full support for .stl 3D models?

NEW VERSION 1.5c From 22 November 2017

I have seen that it is just available this new version so the asset is still alive and working, so the reason of the website not available is not that this is not continued

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  35. Neosentec

Neosentec

Hi,

The support website is down, so I landed here...

I'm having some problems when loading FBX files on Android. I see the models on blue colors (without textures). Check this link:

https://imgur.com/a/014Vm

In the test windows application they work fine, so I think it is only android related.

I tried to put textures in their default linked folders and also in the model folder.

36. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

I have sent two emails to the two available here and it is getting wrong email because both are related to the website that is no longer available, and is curious that this happens and do not know why

I do not want to use this asset with Android or iOS , is just to be able to import 3D models into Unity, but as there is no available list of what 3D formats are supported I can not buy it

Please, does anyone else that already OWNS this software may know what 3D formats are compatible?

Are these formats fully compatible? I mean with all the materials and everything working correctly when importing into Unity itself? Not to Android or iOS

thanks for any help

37. rickomax

rickomax

@SpaceRay my website was under maintenance. It should be fine now.
    http://ricardoreis.net/?p=81

38. rickomax

rickomax

@Neosentec, my website was under maintenance.
    Could you fill an issue with your invoice number and the attachment?
    Issue report link:
    https://ricardoreis.net/?p=231

39. CGSpc

CGSpc

Yesterday I purchased this asset, and now documentation and support domain has been expired.:mad:
    very nice!!!!!

40. rickomax

rickomax

I'm sorry for the inconvenience @CSGSpc.
    We're solving this issue.

41. rickomax

rickomax

TriLib website is currently unavailable.

Our hosting provider is already working to address this issue and the website should be back in the next days.

Best regards,
    Ricardo Reis.

42. CGSpc

CGSpc

Thanks rickomax
    Is there any chance to have offline documentation?

43. rickomax

rickomax

Sure!
    That will be included in the next release.
    I can also send you the documentation via PM while the website is down.

44. rickomax

rickomax

45. CGSpc

CGSpc

rickomax likes this.
  46. rickomax

rickomax

Testing TriLib UWP build :) (not released yet)

upload_2017-12-20_10-50-23.png

hwjwill, mfleurent and Bartolomeus755 like this.
  47. hwjwill

hwjwill

I thought UWP support won't arrive until TriLib 2.0? It seems this test is still based on Assimp? Do you have an ETA for either solution to release? Thank you!!

48. rickomax

rickomax

I was planning to release TriLib 2.0 soon, but I decided to continue contributing to Assimp, and release updates based on it before a stable 2.0 version (which will take some time).

I'm planning to add UWP experimental support on the next update (1.6) and I'm planning to release it after Christmas.

mfleurent likes this.
  49. hierro__

hierro__

Hi, congrats for assimp work and implementation into Unity, kinda useful package.
    I'm trying to setup a runtimeanimatorcontroller, basically I can read animation properly but i need to use it within a controller in order to use additive method and other features.
    At first attempt i created a controller override, copied animations into layers and have so a runtimecontroller, but i guess i have no correct avatar informations to make it work properly, even if i declare runtime controller in loaderoptions field.
    I saw also your example about avatar, but couldn't really apply to my needings, how to use a runtimecontroller to use layered animation from fbx file ?

50. rickomax

rickomax

@hierro__, why does the TriLib example doesn't work for you? If you explain me your exactly needs, I can make an example for you.