Search Unity

TriLib - Model Loading Package

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by rickomax, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Elfinnik159

Elfinnik159

Hi
    You need the following components (Steam has a special tab for installing them along with the program):
    Visual c ++
    .Net Framework 4.6.2

2. mikko_forsman

mikko_forsman

Hi,

I'm again running into some issues with IFC file materials.
    Here is how the file looks like in Xbim Xplorer

And here is the same file loaded using Trilib. For example, the selected door gets the correct materials, but for some reason one of the materials is covering the whole object. The same happens for the windows in the image, they get the correct materials but material on the window frame is covering the whole window.

If you are interested in testing it yourself, the sample model can be found here:
    http://smartlab1.elis.ugent.be:8889...kland.ac.nz/030811DuplexModel-IFC-2011-05-05/

Is this an issue in Trilib, or is it some assimp issue? And is there any possibility for fixing it somehow?

3. rickomax

rickomax

Hi!

It's probably an Assimp issue.
    I'll be updating TriLib Assimp version in two weeks.
    I would ask you to wait until the next release to check if internal Assimp commits fix your issue.

Anyway, you can send me this model for testing at:
    contato@ricardoreis.net

Best regards,
    Ricardo Reis.

4. ParadoxSolutions

ParadoxSolutions

Just a suggestion: I know I can cache the mesh of a skinned mesh, remove it then add the mesh filter/renderer and assign it back; but it would be super useful if there was an import option to import skinned meshes as non-skinned (I.e. as MeshFilter) for the reason that a mesh collider on a skinned mesh uses the original bind pose shape instead of the current pose of the skinned mesh. (And yes I have a good reason that I'm putting mesh colliders on a skinned mesh).

I fix the renderers post import but TriLib does assume I want a SKM for skinned meshes.

Also in AssetImportOptions does CombineMesh only combine sub meshes? It does not seem to combine multiple imported renderers that share the same material (what I expected) but again I can do this post import.

5. rickomax

rickomax

Sure. I'll add this MeshFilter option on the next update.

And about the CombineMesh options, it only combines sub-meshes into a single mesh when importing. I'll have to take a look if the post processor combines meshes using the same material when there are bones on the mesh.

6. imDanOush

imDanOush

@rickomax Do you have plans to add support for Blend Shapes? I am working on a video game which people could mod it and add their own 3D Models in it, those 3D models have morph (or blend) objects which means I have to find a way to add the feature to the video game.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  7. rickomax

rickomax

Hi!

Yes, the next update will have partial blend-shapes support (only for GLTF2 and DAE formats).
    I'm working on FBX blend-shapes implementation, and this may be ready on the next update as well.
    The update should be ready in one or two weeks.

Best regards,
    Ricardo Reis.

imDanOush likes this.
  8. imDanOush

imDanOush

That is a delighting news!! To be honest, I am waiting for the FBX format as it is kinda universal and people can use it with almost every 3D modeling software.

9. rickomax

rickomax

Blend-shapes preview:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    ina, imDanOush and Bartolomeus755 like this.
  10. ParadoxSolutions

ParadoxSolutions

I know newer version of FBX are supported and older versions such as FBX DOM are not. Unity supports importing FBX DOM and I've noticed that some models on the asset store (and older games) use it. Any chance this will be added? This can potentially save end users some confusion or having to update models before importing them into a project using TriLib.

11. rickomax

rickomax

Hi!

It could be added, but I'll wait until more users request it, as that would be a big task.
    This way I can keep prioritizing the bugs-fixing.

Best regards,
    Ricardo Reis.

12. fueldown_

fueldown_

Hi @rickomax ,
    Any update on this?

13. rickomax

rickomax

Hi!

I'll be working on Android issues tomorrow.

Best regards,
    Ricardo Reis.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  14. rickomax

rickomax

FBX Blend-Shapes Animation WIP:

Hey guys. If anyone have FBX files with animated blend-shapes to send me for testing, that would help the blend-shapes functionality implementation. Address for sending: contato@ricardoreis.net

imDanOush likes this.
  15. imDanOush

imDanOush

I have two more questions in regards to object animation and LOD:

1) Imagine a car with two animated windshield wipers in an FBX file (shown below), is this possible to play/stop the animation in runtime?
    ezgif.com-crop.gif
    2) When importing an FBX file in the Unity Editor, if the object names of the FBX file end with "_LOD0, _LOD1, _LOD2" then Unity automatically sets up the load (LOD Group) component. Does TriLib do the same in the play mode?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  16. rickomax

rickomax

Hi!

1) With the legacy animation system, playing/stoping the animations is simply as calling
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Animation.Play("MyAnimation")
    If you plan to use the Animator component, you gonna need a Generic Avatar for this model and an Animator Override Controller. Both can be set into AssetLoaderOptions.Avatar and AssetLoaderOptions.AnimatorController fields. Also make sure to set your AssetLoaderOptions.UseLegacyAnimations field to False.

You can use the AssetLoaderBase.OnAnimationClipCreated callback to store a reference to all loaded AnimationClips, configure them on your AnimationControllerOverride and use Unity AvatarBuilder.BuildGenericAvatar to generate the Generic Avatar.

2) Regarding the LOD setup, I could include a similar approach into TriLib, I'll take a look into LOD stuff.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    joaoborks and imDanOush like this.
  17. imDanOush

imDanOush

So it supports animation, that sounds great, Can't wait to get our hands on the new Morph Object update!
    Keep up the good work! :)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  18. MrIconic

MrIconic

I assume FBX is still partially supported. What does that mean exactly? (Haven't purchased asset yet so cannot check myself)

19. ParadoxSolutions

ParadoxSolutions

I know FBX DOM (and other older fbx versions) aren't supported but I have not had trouble with any modern fbx models. It does say that in the marketing material but idk if it has been elaborated on what specifically partial support is. +1

MrIconic likes this.
  20. rickomax

rickomax

It's hard to tell, since FBX is a pretty rich/complex format and listing all supported features would require a huge test-case to check feature per feature. But in general, you should be able to load all common data (meshes, textures, materials, animations and blend shapes*) if your model has been created with FBX SDK 2012 or newer.

*Blend-shapes will be available on the next TriLib update

imDanOush and MrIconic like this.
  21. rickomax

rickomax

Hi!

TriLib next update (1.8.7f) is awaiting Asset Store approval, but you can download it first from:
    https://ricardoreis.net/?p=217

Please note that Unity 5 is no longer supported. If you needs help with your Unity 5 TriLib setup, please contact me on: contato@ricardoreis.net

When installing the update, please make a clean install (backup or delete your old TriLib files).

Version notes:

Added blend-shapes support for FBX, GLTF2 and Collada files.
    Added blend-shape animations support for FBX files.
    Added progress-handling support and sample.
    Added PMX MMD parser.
    Added loaded-textures cache.
    Added GLTF2 vertex color support.
    Added embedded Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable libraries.
    Moved iOS build type selector (device or simulator) into the building process.
    Updated Asset Loader scene, adding the blend-shapes section and loading time counter.
    Updated Assimp version.
    Fixed UWP interoperability issues.
    Fixed WebGL issues
    Fixed texture loading memory usage issues.
    Fixed additional files loading from ZIP files.
    Fixed Maya FBX texture references.
    Fixed OBJ loading issues.
    Fixed OSX issues when loading ZIP files.
    Fixed misc issues.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    ina, Bartolomeus755 and imDanOush like this.
  22. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello rickomax,

after installing the update my app runs fine in unity Editor.

but when I start a new build (pc standalone with mono and .net 4x) I get the following error:

Assets\TriLib\TriLib\Scripts\AssetLoader\AssetLoaderZip.cs(2,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Windows' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

How can I make a PC standalone build? Thanks a lot :)

PS: I deleted the file. I do not Need Zip Import. OK for me, now it works.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  23. rickomax

rickomax

Hey, this issue is related to the conditional compilation on TriLib, I'm fixing those and re-testing on every platform. A patch should be available today.

24. Elfinnik159

Elfinnik159

Hi!
    Thank you for adding the MMD import, but I cannot load the models. Are there any requirements for them?
    I get this error when I drag the file to the project:
    Exception: Error loading asset. Assimp returns: [Validation failed: aiBone::mNumWeights is zero]
    TriLib.AssetLoaderBase.InternalLoadFromFile (System.String filename, System.String basePath, TriLib.AssetLoaderOptions options, Boolean usesWrapperGameObject, TriLib.ProgressCallback progressCallback) (at Assets/TriLib/TriLib/Scripts/AssetLoader/AssetLoaderBase.cs:701)
    TriLib.AssetLoader.LoadFromFile (System.String filename, TriLib.AssetLoaderOptions options, UnityEngine.GameObject wrapperGameObject, System.String basePath, TriLib.ProgressCallback progressCallback) (at Assets/TriLib/TriLib/Scripts/AssetLoader/AssetLoader.cs:40)
    TriLibEditor.TriLibAssetImporter.Import (System.String assetPath) (at Assets/TriLib/TriLib/Editor/TriLibAssetImporter.cs:54)
    TriLibEditor.TriLibAssetPostProcessor.CheckForAssimpAsset (System.String str) (at Assets/TriLib/TriLib/Editor/TriLibAssetPostProcessor.cs:49)
    TriLibEditor.TriLibAssetPostProcessor.OnPostprocessAllAssets (System.String[] importedAssets, System.String[] deletedAssets, System.String[] movedAssets, System.String[] movedFromAssetPaths) (at Assets/TriLib/TriLib/Editor/TriLibAssetPostProcessor.cs:21)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.AssetPostprocessingInternal.PostprocessAllAssets (System.String[] importedAssets, System.String[] addedAssets, System.String[] deletedAssets, System.String[] movedAssets, System.String[] movedFromPathAssets) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssetPostprocessor.cs:140)
    UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:projectWindowDrag(HierarchyProperty, Boolean)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    When I click on the button with the file name (AvatarLoader), nothing happens (no errors, nothing appears).

When I load a file from Scene1 - Asset Loader, I get this error:
    System.Exception: Error loading asset. Assimp returns: [Failed to open file $$$___magic___$$$..pmx.]
    at TriLib.AssetLoaderBase.InternalLoadFromMemory (System.Byte[] fileBytes, System.String filename, System.String basePath, TriLib.AssetLoaderOptions options, Boolean usesWrapperGameObject, TriLib.DataCallback dataCallback, TriLib.ExistsCallback existsCallback, TriLib.LoadTextureDataCallback loadTextureDataCallback, TriLib.ProgressCallback progressCallback, TriLib.FileLoadData customFileLoadData) [0x000f2] in D:\Users\Pk\TrilibMMDTest\Assets\TriLib\TriLib\Scripts\AssetLoader\AssetLoaderBase.cs:563
    at TriLib.AssetLoaderBase.InternalLoadFromMemoryAndZip (System.Byte[] data, System.String assetExtension, System.String basePath, TriLib.AssetLoaderOptions options, Boolean usesWrapperGameObject, TriLib.DataCallback dataCallback, TriLib.ExistsCallback existsCallback, TriLib.LoadTextureDataCallback loadTextureDataCallback, TriLib.ProgressCallback progressCallback) [0x00014] in D:\Users\Pk\TrilibMMDTest\Assets\TriLib\TriLib\Scripts\AssetLoader\AssetLoaderBase.cs:676
    at TriLib.AssetLoader.LoadFromFileWithTextures (System.String filename, TriLib.AssetLoaderOptions options, UnityEngine.GameObject wrapperGameObject, System.String basePath, TriLib.ProgressCallback progressCallback) [0x00032] in D:\Users\Pk\TrilibMMDTest\Assets\TriLib\TriLib\Scripts\AssetLoader\AssetLoader.cs:108
    at TriLib.Samples.AssetLoaderWindow.LoadInternal (System.String filename, System.Byte[] fileBytes) [0x00093] in D:\Users\Pk\TrilibMMDTest\Assets\TriLib\TriLib\Samples\Scripts\AssetLoaderWindow.cs:257
    (filetype: MMD .pmx)
    I tested it with several files from the site: https://www.deviantart.com

25. rickomax

rickomax

Hi, I apologize. Seems there is a regression issue with PMX parser on Assimp which is preventing models from loading. I've informed the Assimp guys and I'll take a look at the PMX parser as soon as possible.

Edit: After some tweaks on TriLib scripts, I was able to import a PMX model from editor:

I'm still working on that. I'll keep you updated.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Elfinnik159 and Bartolomeus755 like this.
  26. mikko_forsman

mikko_forsman

Hi @rickomax ,

We've run into a bug in FBX models tiling in some textures. For sake of demonstration, we created a small cube with a single texture that should have a 4x4 tiling in the texture, and if the model is directly improted to unity, it works as it should, and the material looks like this in the editor:

However when the same model is imported using Trilib, the tiling looks like this:

So the tiling should be 4x4, but for some reason using trilib it becomes 1x1, which makes the texture look blurry. Is this an issue in trilib or assimp, or possibly just some configuration that I've missed? I'm also sending you the model to test to at contato@ricardoreis.net, if you have the time to take a look.

Best regards,
    Mikko Forsman

Attached Files:

27. rickomax

rickomax

PMX models will be loadable on the hotfix that will be avaliable in two or three days (MMD models aren't implemented yet):

Also, since that's an old parser, there may be some issues left to discover.

28. mikko_forsman

mikko_forsman

Hi,

I updated my trilib to 1.8.7.f, and this same issue still persists. I will send you the sample ifc file with email as well, if you have any ideas on how to get it to work properly.

Regards,
    Mikko Forsman

29. rickomax

rickomax

IFC file format is indeed pretty complex and issues regarding missing geometries or rounding errors are pretty common.
    I'm studying a new approach to deliver users a better IFC parser. I'll keep you updated.

Best regards,
    Ricardo Reis.

30. rickomax

rickomax

Mikko, I don't think Assimp has any mechanism to detect texture tiling, besides when it's explicitly set on the mesh UVs. I'll check if I can add that feature.

I'm also not sure that's a standard FBX feature or a feature the exporter you used added, since neither FBX Review differs the mapping from TriLib:

(Edit: I'm not able to convert this file to an ASCII version with FBX Converter, it says the file is corrupt. Could you provide this file in FBX ASCII format?)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  31. rickomax

rickomax

Just to give an update, I'm re-testing TriLib features on all platforms to fix the interoperability issues some users are facing. I should have a new update ready soon.

32. vanBoxsel

vanBoxsel

Dear Ricardo,

First of all, our compliments on your work on TriLib, this asset is an amazing tool!

I saw you're allready adressing the interoperability issue, I've sent you an email about that, but just forget that, since you;re allready on it :)...

I've got another question. We're trying to load an .Obj file which has a multiple materials on one mesh (I've added an attachment).
    The problem is, Trilib only loads one of these materials instead of 5. A possible workaround could be to split the meshes by their materialIndex.

Anyway, I was wondering whether you're able to look into this, that would be super awesome!

Kind regards,

Attached Files:

33. vanBoxsel

vanBoxsel

Code (CSharp):
    1.  public static uint aiScene_GetNumMaterials(IntPtr ptrScene)
    2.         {
    3.             var result = _aiScene_GetNumMaterials(ptrScene); //result = 1
    4.             return result;
    5.         }
    Hmm, seems like assimp doesn't return the right amount of materials. Still, maybe there are workarounds?

34. UnityGISTech

UnityGISTech

Hi there please i want to know if there is un option that scale imported models befor create them. I mean like unity editor we have scale factor that change the scale of model to specific unite, when we past that model we find that the scale is 1.1.1 without creating empty parent gameobject. Is that option exist?

35. UnityGISTech

UnityGISTech

Hi there please i want to know if there is un option that scale imported models befor create them. I mean like unity editor we have scale factor that change the scale of model to specific unite, when we past that model we find that the scale is 1.1.1 is

Attached Files:

36. jcbadboy

jcbadboy

Hi @rickomax

I finally could build a sample from trilib for webgl using last version 1.8.7.1, on unity 2018.3.0f2.
    I ran this sample project but it did not load the maps of the FBX model.
    My model has normal maps and metal maps for every material.
    I made some reverse engeneering on your code and got this: when you call for normal maps from a material, it returns ZERO textures.

(AssetLoaderBase, line 2424)
    var numNormals = AssimpInterop.aiMaterial_GetNumTextureNormals(material);

Wha´s the trick to made Assimp understand my materials and right load all maps?

Thank´s in advanced.

37. rickomax

rickomax

Hi!

I'll take a look into this.

38. rickomax

rickomax

Hi!

You want to scale the model without scale the final GameObject, right?

39. rickomax

rickomax

Hi!

Are you able to get the normal materials when running the application on Unity Editor?

40. rickomax

rickomax

OBJ transparency issues have been fixed and this feature will be available on the next TriLib update.

41. andgest

andgest

Hi @rickomax
    First, thank you for your great job and your support.
    I have probably the same problem than @sisocano on scale.

The chair is a .obj added dynamically to my scene with trilib.
    The scale to this .obj chair is (1, 1, 1) but if I create a cube next to him with scale (1, 1, 1), I can constate that it's absolutely not the same size ^^
    Chair_size.png
    How can I do to chose the size of the chair at import to get the real size of the chair in meter ?
    Thank you in advance :)

42. jcbadboy

jcbadboy

@rickomax
    Same problem happens when I am at editor. The assimp could not find the textures(normalmap, roughness, metalnes) inside materials.
    When I manually import the fbx in the project, the textures are there, after I manually extract(materials and textures).

Thank you

43. UnityGISTech

UnityGISTech

Yes thats what i want to do.

i dont want to make my object.Transform.scale= new vector (0.1f,0.1f,0.1f);
    or the empty parent GO to that scale.

is there any option to do that when we importe models.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  44. rickomax

rickomax

Yes. There is an special AssetAdvancedConfig that allows you to scale the model without affecting the GameObject.

You can change it like:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. var scaleFactor = 1f;
    2. using (var assetLoader = new AssetLoader()) {
    3.     var assetLoaderOptions = AssetLoaderOptions.CreateInstance();
    4.     assetLoaderOptions.AdvancedConfigs.Add(AssetAdvancedConfig.CreateConfig(AssetAdvancedPropertyClassNames.GlobalScaleFactor, scaleFactor));
    5.     var myGameObject = AssetLoader.LoadFromFile("MY_MODEL.FBX", assetLoaderOptions);
    6. }
    To retrieve the original scale factor from FBX files, you can use:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. var unitScaleFactor = 1f; //Sets scale factor default value.
    2.     assetLoader.OnMetadataProcessed += delegate (AssimpMetadataType metadataType, uint metadataIndex, string metadataKey, object metadataValue) {
    3.         //Checks if the metadata key is "UnitScaleFactor", which is the scale factor metadata used in FBX files.
    4.         if (metadataKey == "UnitScaleFactor")
    5.         {
    6.             unitScaleFactor = (float)metadataValue / 100f; //Sets the scale factor value.
    7.         }
    8.     }; //Sets a callback to process model metadata.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  45. rickomax

rickomax

Adding per Game Object metadata processing to TriLib:

46. Kenny_-_

Kenny_-_

Hello @rickomax,
    I'm having some issues with a animated glb example file.
    I am testing importing filetypes I need and found that this animated glb crashes unity when imported with TriLib installed.
    My setup was empty project, installed your asset, copy file in assets folder.
    I tried it in your webgl built, there it does work but nu animation.

Thank you for your time.

Attached Files:

47. huafengw

huafengw

2018.JPG 0119.JPG

Hi @rickomax ,
    When I used the earlier (Augest 2018) trilibtest to load the fbx, it's worked to display the cloth
    but use the latest 1.8.7f, the cloth mesh disappears.

Do you know the reason?

Thanks in advanced!

48. rickomax

rickomax

Hi!

Could you try disabling "Use Cutout Materials" and see if the error persists?

49. huafengw

huafengw

Hi @rickomax

yes, I disabled the "Use Cutout materials", could see the gray cloth mesh,
    and added assetLoaderOptions.UseCutoutMaterials = false in my project , got the same result. :)
    So need to add other code to assign the texture manually?

Attached Files:

50. rickomax

rickomax

Seems your model is being exported with semi-transparent materials. But to be sure, could you send it for testing to: contato@ricardoreis.net?