Search Unity

Triggering camera blends through scripts

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by petey, May 1, 2019.

1. petey

petey

Hi there,

I feel a bit silly asking this but surprisingly I couldn't find a solution elsewhere.

I've set up some custom blends, just wondering how I actually trigger them through scripts. The manual just says to use custom blends. https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.cinemachine@2.2/manual/CinemachineBlending.html

I'm pretty new to Cinemachine so I might be getting something fundamentally wrong here.
    Any help would be much appreciated,
    Pete

Vlad_Iliescu likes this.
  2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

A blend specifies what happens when the active camera changes from camera A to camera B. To see the blend in action, make a new camera active. There are a few ways to do this:
    1. Activate incoming vcam's game object and deactivate outgoing vcam's game object. You can to this at the same time from a script
    2. Or, set the incoming vcam's priority to something higher than the outgoing one
    3. Or, give the incoming a higher priority and activate its game object, leaving the other one alone. To transition back, deactivate it.
    Note that if no custom blend settings exist for a specific vcam pair, the default blend setting will be used. I mention this because you have set both settings to the same thing.

Vlad_Iliescu likes this.
  3. petey

petey