Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Trigger Parameters not working inside Animator Trigger action (Unity + Playmaker)

Discussion in 'Animation' started by lolzsoft, Feb 15, 2022.

1. lolzsoft

lolzsoft

Hello Everyone,

I am new to Unity and Playmaker and I need some help here.

I am creating a 2D platformer game and have used Fantasy Hero Editor asset to use a readily animated hero character(and stored as a prefab).

While setting up the basic player controller/movements using Playmaker, I have managed to move the character left and right along with flip left and right action.

Now the problem is that I am not able to trigger the walk animation of my character model.

My trigger parameters of Stand & Walk are not visible when using the Set Animator Trigger action > Specify Game Object > selecting CharacterPrefab. The Trigger field shows the message as "No Trigger Parameters..."

I have already setup the stand and walk triggers in the Animator window. Still it's not working in the "Set Animator Trigger". I have also attached the screenshot here. Can someone help me here?

Thanks in advance!

============================

TriggerParameters set already.jpg

TriggerParameters are missing.jpg

I had used below reference video to start working on my character movement in Unity + Playmaker:

2. Unrighteouss

Unrighteouss

Hey,

I'm pretty sure you have to type in the trigger parameter you want (Stand, Walk, etc). It's been a long while since I've used Playmaker, but I think there are a few actions that work that way, and automatically finding variables/references/parameters doesn't always work if I remember correctly.

Also, in the future, if you have a question about Playmaker, you'll find answers much quicker posting on their forums: https://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?board=14.0

I doubt there are many Unity forums users that have much experience with Playmaker.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
  3. lolzsoft

lolzsoft

Thanks for letting me know! Cheers.

Unrighteouss likes this.