Search Unity

Tried all the ways but can't do it!

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by JKMS, Jul 11, 2015.

1. JKMS

JKMS

I unfortunately clicked on this video and it made by day interesting . I don't know scripting and im a beginner to Unity3D , I have Unity 5.1 , I would like to have a tutorial on getting this effect . I took forward to this topic and will be appreciating to all your positive comments.

Thankyou

2. JKMS

JKMS

I need to shake the camera like in that video while RUNNING .

3. magnite

magnite

For one, you should really look into learning scripting and the basics of programming before you start anything too math or outside class/function reliant like this. This way you are more prepared for the paths you may need to take.
    https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/modules/beginner/scripting

Second, the Unity Characters package includes a script called "HeadBob.cs", I would recommend importing this and looking through it to try to understand the pieces of it. Then work on getting this to work with a character movement script.

4. JKMS

JKMS

@Magnite7 I am medium at scripting and I hate to ask it here , I tried my best to do this but my works were failed . So ,please someone tell me how can I get that effect .

5. JKMS

JKMS

Also I checked that package and found that its for FPS , I need the head bob script for TPS .

6. chubbspet

chubbspet

I have done this in a simplified version in the past by placing the main camera in an empty gameobject, animating that gameobject with the bobbing effect and then control that animation from code - this is also very processor friendly. If you don't want to go that route, look into Quaternions and Lerp.