Search Unity

Trial Version Water Mark

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by NerdIt-, Oct 8, 2020.

1. NerdIt-

NerdIt-

Can someone clear this up for me please. I have recently been getting a "Trial Version" watermark in the bottom right of my game builds. I use the free version because I simply cannot afford any of the other plans. I understand that the Unity team may have put that there to encourage purchases of the plans, but why has it only just occurred now for me. I have also read comments that say the water mark is meant to be targeted at certain countries to reduce cracked and illegal versions. If this is true, how would I remove watermark?

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

The Unity Personal license doesn't normally produce this watermark. It is reserved for the trial license, which is a different animal.

Though I thought I had read in some older threads that specifically in China region the watermark was being implemented on personal licenses to cut down on companies using personal licenses instead of higher tier licenses in violation of the license terms regarding revenue allowances for each tier. I'm not sure if that is true (you might search for some of those threads). Are you in China region? Are you sure you don't have a trial license instead of a personal license?

3. NerdIt-

NerdIt-

I am not in the China region. I am from Australia. I have seen some of the threads you are referring to but none of their solutions have worked for me. I am quite certain I am using Personal because while trying to fix the water mark issue, I constantly renewed my license file, either manually or automatically and always defaulted to using the Personal License.