Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Trial mode problem

Discussion in 'Windows' started by rkstormer, Sep 15, 2013.

1. rkstormer

rkstormer

I've tried to implement a trial mode with limited features in my game Pirates! Showdown that is on the Windows Store. I used the Prime31 Windows Store plugin. I've gotten a couple reports that the trial mode is not working and is just allowing users who download the trial to play the full game. I'm having trouble testing it on my Windows 8 computers because I've already purchased the game (using a different user account doesn't let me install the trial either).

Could I get a couple people to just download the free trial and confirm whether it's in trial mode or not? (I'd really appreciate the help) You should see the words "trial Mode" in red letters on the title screen and you should not be able to start skirmish mode.

If you find that it does not say "Trial Mode" could you send me the unity log? It is located here:
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\FlashpointGames.PiratesShowdown_zseypd0r98jjr\TempState\UnityPlayer.log

Here is the link to the game in the Windows Store:
    http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/pirates-showdown/41265345-527a-486b-b289-989bf280f402

Thanks to anyone really to help. You can also email me at josh@flashpointgames.com

2. nosyrbllewe

nosyrbllewe

3. tswalk

tswalk

seems to be working for me...

4. rkstormer

rkstormer

Hmm... OK. So it's working for some people and not others it seems. tswalk, could you send me your log file as well?

5. sevensails

sevensails

I know this is old, but did you solved the problem?

I have the same problem now, even on trial mode my game always reports isOnAppTrial=false;

Did you fixed the problem?