Search Unity

Question TreeView in custom editor drag and drop to Inspector

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by Monetai, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Monetai

Monetai

Hello!

I'm working on an editor that list all assets from a certain type in my project.
    It look like that:

Screenshot_1.png

I would like to be able to drag the asset in the left tree view to a corresponding variable exposed in the inspector, but I can't find a way to do that.. The thing is I don't really know if I'm using the tree view correctly.. when dragging in the tree view, should I be dragging rows? dragging a reference to the asset itself? What should I put in the DragAndDrop.SetGenericData?
    It make a perfect transition to a second question, do you know a good ressource on tree view usage and best practice? I couldn't find any ='(

Thank you for your help!!

2. DeepShade

DeepShade

Hi,
    I hope it is not to late, but have you seen the TreeView Example Project? For your specific case you can look for the TreeViewWithTreeModel class:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.         protected override void SetupDragAndDrop(SetupDragAndDropArgs args)
    2.         {
    3.             if (hasSearch)
    4.                 return;
    6.             DragAndDrop.PrepareStartDrag();
    7.             var draggedRows = GetRows().Where(item => args.draggedItemIDs.Contains(item.id)).ToList();
    8.             DragAndDrop.SetGenericData(k_GenericDragID, draggedRows);
    9.             DragAndDrop.objectReferences = new UnityEngine.Object[] { }; // this IS required for dragging to work
    10.             string title = draggedRows.Count == 1 ? draggedRows[0].displayName : "< Multiple >";
    11.             DragAndDrop.StartDrag (title);
    12.         }

3. avi8111

avi8111

geate. the answer above is what I need. well done

4. Nexer8

Nexer8

What did you use for k_GenericDragID? Anything special that needs to go there? Asking because the link no longer works.

5. masterton

masterton

k_GenericDragId is a string, and you can name it anything. For example, the tree control in the Timeline package has it set as:

Code (CSharp):
    1. const string k_GenericDragId = "TimelineDragging";