Search Unity

Resolved Tree paint, no trees show up

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by petizero, Jan 20, 2021.

1. petizero

petizero

Hi.
    I'm trying to paint trees on a terrain (the trees are custom made in blender) but when i try to they don't show up at all.

The tree im trying to paint is called Tree3 which is a prefab made of Tree2 the reason behind this is i couldn't change the leave textures but its more or less the same.

Attached Files:

Falender likes this.
  2. dgoyette

dgoyette

Does the console tell you something like how the tree/prefab doesn't have a mesh renderer component on it? Is the renderer perhaps on a subobject of your prefab?

3. petizero

petizero

Yeah it does but when i put one on it didn't really change anything

4. dgoyette

dgoyette

You need to set up the trees properly first before you can use them in a terrain. There's a Tree tool for that.

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-Tree.html

Or go to Game Object -> 3D Object -> Tree to create your trees. Save those as prefabs, and they should work in a terrain.

5. petizero

petizero

Well i kinda got it to work except the model is rotated on its side by 90 degrees and the leaves of the model are gone

6. petizero

petizero

I figured both out the issue of 90 degree rotation was a blender side issue i fixed this in 2.8 by checking "Apply transform" in blender export to fbx menu
    The reason i didn't have leaves is cause the mesh was only on "size" 1 when it should have been 2.

dgoyette likes this.
  7. Allarni

Allarni

I know that this is an old thread but could someone please elaborate on the mesh size being 1 instead of 2? I have the same problem and can't find anything about size. Thank you

8. Allarni

Allarni

If anyone sees this in the future the way I solved this problem is by using this video, specifically the LOD group.