Search Unity

Tree creator leaves unlit with spotlight

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by yosefstudios, Oct 15, 2020.

1. yosefstudios

yosefstudios

So yep, I'm facing that classic bug that apparently no one has solved to this day. Leaves are completely unlit when a spotlight is near to them (I tested with other light types and this only happens with the spotlight).
    I remember that some while ago, I solved that issue in another project were I was working, however, that specific project got corrupted this year and unfortunately I can't access to it to see what I did. I found this post (https://forum.unity.com/threads/tree-leaves-are-glowing.142768/) from AgentParsec, and it seems he solved by recomputing his trees after changing its shader, but it seems that option got removed in Unity 5.6 (?).
    So I tried instead just changing the shader from the Tree Shader to the Standard Shader, but nothing happened.

Also, I'm using deferred rendering and linear color space. The trees were placed trough Unity Terrain.
    The spotlight is on realtime rendering mode with hard shadows. I'm still working with Unity 5.6.1f1, x64

By the way, I saw some kind of "re-do" button on Unity's Tree Editor, maybe that is the recomputing feature? I honestly don't know, it seems there's no documentation for that specific icon.

Attached Files:

2. yosefstudios

yosefstudios

Anyone?:/