Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for feedback on the experimental Unity Safe Mode which is aiming to help you resolve compilation errors faster during project startup.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Tree Creator HDRP

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by ILonion, May 2, 2018.

1. ILonion

ILonion

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

This is expected for a preview. HDRP isn't due for release until 2018.3 and will only work with the HD Lit shaders for now.

This is not a beta issue so I have moved the thread to graphics experimental previews.

3. ILonion

ILonion

Thank you!

4. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Wait, have they said it could work on regular shaders too at some point? I thought it was more of intentional limitation to allow only shaders designed for it.

5. ILonion

ILonion

Hello,
    2018.3 released.
    Any news?

6. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

It's an intentional limitation, sorry I referred to the terrain itself and vegetation rendering. We got the terrain shader for HDRP in time for 2018.3 - for vegetation rendering, this will take longer - I have no idea when, sorry. I had expected them to ship at least a simple set but it wasn't the case, just terrain only.

For Speedtree etc, or 3rd party, we're at the mercy of waiting up until 2019.3 - official HDRP launch period - before we can actually effectively complain. Hopefully movement will happen long before.

7. ILonion

ILonion

Thank you!

8. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Heh, I don't even remember writing that but yeah, it's almost one year old message :D

hippocoder likes this.
  9. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

Only caught it due to reply :D

10. GamdineProductions

GamdineProductions

Any expectation when SRP will be out of preview?

11. Realuther

Realuther

The LWRP Will be out of Preview in 2019.1 so The Scriptable Render Pipeline should be out of preview Soon Don't Know For A Fact When it will fully release though, but the HDRP probably wont come out till 2019.3 so we might be waiting awhile.

12. elbows

elbows

I had a go with the github branch they are working on SpeedTree support in, and unlike the last time I tried, it looks pretty close to being ready for an initial release to me (though my testing of it has hardly been thorough at this stage).

https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ScriptableRenderPipeline/tree/HDRP/SpeedTree

That branch is based on HDRP 6.x so 2019.2 is the Unity version required, but they may well backport it to 5.x (2019.1) for all I know.

hippocoder likes this.
  13. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

Time for hippo to upgrade to 2019.2 then.

hugokostic likes this.
  14. ILonion

ILonion

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  15. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Still wondering when the Tree Creator shaders will be updated for LWRP

16. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

I haven't a clue if they ever will be. Anything vegetation on Unity's side seems to be on the back burner.

17. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Sounds like a bit of an incentive to make people use the speedtree plugin instead I guess if that was updated for LWRP

18. AlexanderAlza

AlexanderAlza

I take it the Tree Creator Nature shaders are just as broken for HDRP as it it for LWRP eh? :confused:
    upload_2019-7-18_16-21-59.png

19. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Last I heard is that they are being made redundant, on newer versions of LWRP/HDRP I think the Speedtree shaders have been set up for SRP, but it is only available on newer versions of unity like 2019.2 beta and 2019.3 alpha

20. gputhread

gputhread

I have hdrp project on 2019.3, any tip to make it work?
    I want animation on terrian custom trees( those in standard assets), can i animate them in 3d and play it through animator on terrian?

21. zeropointblack

zeropointblack

I can change the materials to HDRP Lit, but if i rotate a tree and press undo, they glitch back to purple. what gives?
    is there at least any way to export the meshes to blender and reimport them as a regular mesh file, or anything like that?

unityunity