Search Unity

Tree bug in oculus build

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by hellcaller, Mar 6, 2016.

1. hellcaller

hellcaller

when i build my project for oculus i'm having strange bug with my trees, but everything works great in editor.

2. williamj

williamj

Unity Technologies

If it's possible, please create a smaller repro scene and submit a bug, then post the case # here and I will check it out.

Also, does it appear this way in a non-VR build? It may help us narrow it down.

Thanks,

Will

3. Spartan_Boy

Spartan_Boy

Hello, I'm having similar issues with Unity and Samsung gear VR test build, I do have the bark texture though. i sometimes have the leaves in a similar way or do have the texture leaves but with jaggy outlines on the alpha. Do we have to use a special shader or is Unity default optimized bark and leaves shader can handle VR build ?
    THX a lot.

4. SDM51

SDM51

Same issue here, first happened in 5.4.0b9 for me. Trees/their shadows/their billboards are all affected. GUI issue too, but maybe I missed something on the latter.

Windows 7 build here, Oculus DK2 with .8 runtime but am only using the newest SteamVR plugin in Unity.

Bugs do not happen in editor, do not happen if a VR build is run with HMD off, or in non-VR builds. Everything is perfect outside of VR.

5. rossTnick

rossTnick

I've been having this issue as well. I have noticed that it only happens for me on the 2nd run of a DK2 build (the first run is OK, but then from that point on the billboards are all black). Similar to the previous post, everything is fine in the editor and for non-VR runs of the exe. I noticed that in the output.log file there are errors about the Nature / Soft Occlusion shader not being present on certain terrain tree prefabs. However I have had horrible problems trying to convert existing tree assets that have non-soft occlusion shaders on them to having them - errors about the Soft Occlusion shader not having an OPTIMIZED SHADER, etc in the tree creator dialog. I also am unsure as to whether this is irrelevant anyways. Can anyone confirm if this happens on trees with the soft occlusion shaders?

6. SDM51

SDM51

Not dug into the logs yet, but seems I have the opposite of you occur on subsequent runs with the DK2. Occasionally, things start working OK on 3rd or 4rth run, sometimes not. Never works first go, bug always there. Only tree shaders I'm using are:
    Nature/Tree Soft Occlusion Leaves
    Nature/Tree Soft Occlusion Bark

hellcaller likes this.
  7. rossTnick

rossTnick

Nice, at least maybe that confirms that it's happening on trees irrelevant of what shader is present on the trees - and it's more of a DK2 + Unity bug (and maybe GearVR as well)?

8. Alan-Liu

Alan-Liu

9. Alan-Liu

Alan-Liu

5.3.4p1 also has this issue.

10. benswing

benswing

I am having the same issues since upgrading to 5.3.4p1, and it is still present in verion 5.4.0b15.

Anybody found a solution/workaround?

11. benswing

benswing

williamj likes this.
  12. laynardo

laynardo

Yes! I am having the same issue. Works on the first build, sometimes, and definitely not after. This is a really big issue for me and my clients in VR.

Is there a way to just break the trees for now? So they aren't generated? Has anyone tried this? Just to get something working.