Search Unity

Bug Transport ID dictionary Key no check error in TransportIdToClientId

Discussion in 'Netcode for GameObjects' started by Altalus06, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Altalus06

Altalus06

Hi Unity Team,

I'm currently working on a huge project using MLAPI 0.1, and wanted to migrate to NFGO.

The migration process went well, but when testing, sometimes (very episodically), I have an error during the very early connection phase, during the Network Early Update...

Searching more about this error, I found that the error come from NetworkManager.OnNetworkEarlyUpdate(), during the call to HandleRawTransportPoll

upload_2022-4-5_9-43-24.png

Finally, the problem is occuring inside the call to TransportIdToClientId, because inside this method, the m_transportIdToClientIdMap key is not checked.

upload_2022-4-5_9-44-20.png
    upload_2022-4-5_9-45-22.png
    in this case, it is because I have a transportId witht the value "78", and this key doesn't exists.

Investigation further more, I found that the problem came from here: the connectionId returned by this method is 77. Very strange (maybe because QoS asset for Unity Multiplay is using a Transport itself, that may create this issue?)

upload_2022-4-5_9-50-18.png

In any case, it's really a pity because this little bug prevents me from migrating to NCFGO.

Cheers,
    Olivier

Attached Files:

2. luke-unity

luke-unity

Which transport are you using? UNetTransport?

3. Altalus06

Altalus06

Yes, UNetTransport.

4. luke-unity

luke-unity

Could you create an issue here and include steps for how we could reproduce this.